|Budget Amount *help
¥3,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,400,000)
1. Amae and dependency We quantitatively examined the differences between amae and dependency, which tend to be used exchangeably among people. Based upon the ratings of these two concepts in relation to various persons for acceptability, we found that amae has positive and negative implications while dependency has more and only negative ones.
2. Scale constructions : After theorizing relations between internal working models of amae and interpersonal relationships and proposing the components (amae view, self view, other person view, and relationships view) that are expected to reflect these working models, we developed three scales of amae view, other person view, and relationships view. These scales were demonstrated to have adequate psychometric properties. We also examined correlations between these views and existing scales for college students* perceived relationships with mother.
3. Amae niles : In order to delve into the mechanism of internal working models of amae and general
interpersonal relationships which were proposed in Kato (1995), we examined adults' naive conceptions and attempted to extract the rules or scripts of amae interactions that are not allowed generally. We examinsd patterns of relations among content, people, and situation that are hypothesized to underly scripts in the internal working models.
4. Neurosis and amae : We examined Doi's hypothesis that neurosis is rooted in the psychology of unsatisfied amae need caused by neurotics' uncomfortableness with engaging in amae behaviors/interactions. We found that people with neurotic tendency has lowest uncomfortableness with amae behaviors, while normal and high neurotic people have rather high uncmfortableness. Although Doi argued that distrust in other people is not the origin of neurosis, we found that views of others and relationships significantly correlated with neurosis, but not amae view.
4. 土居の仮説の検証の試み:土居(1958)は,症例研究から神経質傾向の本態は「甘えたいのに甘えられない」という心性であるという仮説を提出している.本研究ではこの仮説の妥当性の検証を大学生を用いて試みた.神経質傾向と「甘えたいのに甘えられない」心性が現れると仮定された甘えに対する抵抗感の関係を調べた.その結果,神経症傾向高群と健常者では,甘えへの抵抗感は高い.意外にも,神経症傾向のある群が,もっとも抵抗感が低かった.更に,甘え観・自己観・他者観・関係観および神経症傾向の抵抗感の相対的説明率も検討した. Less