|Budget Amount *help
¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
1. I have realized that the increase and decrease of juvenile shoplifter against the criminal law have influenced that of delinquent statictics from the third peak (1983) of juvenile delinquency to the fourth peak (1998) of it. They indicate a rapid increase period in 1988, a sharp decrease period in 1991 and a re-increase period in 1997.
2. From the case of 20 stores in 6 cities for investigation, this increase and decrease of shoplifters depends on (1) how much large stores aim at attracting juvenile customers and they consume and play in large stores, (2) how much each store charges the guard company with the security service and uniformly reports shoplifters to the police, (3) how much shoplifting lurks as dark figures by the rationalization of the security service and employees from depression, and (4) as a what diversion police station deals with shoplifters.
3. We can see that (1) and (2) affect a rapid increase, (1) and (3) affect a sharp decrease and (2) affect a re-increase. In a re-increase period, kinds of large stores change from departm ent store and supermarket into special store and discount store. Large stores tended to deal with them tolerantly before, but tend to do strictly now.
4. Adult shoplifter have changed. Shoplifting from hardships of life by the homeless and the jobless is increasing rapidly. Shoplifting by foreigners is increasing too.
5. I couldn' t realize the standard that police deals with, but I can classify the types of each store' s treatment as guard business type, moral entrepreneur type, educational type and management type.