The Research on the Conoeption Building of the Information Ethics in the advanoed Information Society and the Possibility of Information Ethics Education.
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Research Institution||Toyo University|
HIROSE Hidehiko Toyo University Department of Sociology Professor, 社会学部, 教授 (50058004)
ABE Teruo Toyo University Depatment of Economics Professor, 経済学部, 教授 (80058057)
平野 耿 東洋大学, 工学部, 教授 (70057959)
HAKARI Yoshiharu Toyo University Depatment of Literature Professor, 文学部, 教授 (70040475)
HIKITA Satosshi Toyo University Depatment of Management Professor, 経営学部, 教授 (50147584)
MORIOKA Kazuo Toyo University Depatment of Law Professor, 法学部, 教授 (30058078)
SATO Akira Toyo University Depatment of Engineering Professor, 工学部, 教授 (60170718)
|Project Fiscal Year
1997 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
|Keywords||Advanced Information Society / Information Ethics / Internet / Computer / Advertising Ethics / Electronic Transaction / Philosophy of Information / 高度情報化社会 / 情報倫理 / インターネット / コンピューター / 広告倫理 / 電子商取引 / 情報哲学 / 他者危害 / 情報倫理教育 / 高度情報社会|
This research is a two-year joint project in which professors of philosophy, ethics, law, economics, management, sociology and engineering have participated. Each member contributed from the standpoint of each discipline to integrate the research which focuses the theme of information ethics. The main facts and knowledge we have acquired in the course of the research are as follows.
1. An important key concept of the so-called advanced information society is the Internet system which has created a reciprocal communication circumstance under which everyone can be an anonymous massage sender and receiver Therefore, today's information ethics has to be centered round the ethical rules aid standards everyone has to observe when taking a role of the message sender and receiver via the Internet system.
2. The electronic transaction in business brings various disadvantages such as so-called computer crime as well as many advantages. Ethical rules by which we can cope with such deviated conducts have to be established.
3. Up to now the main theme of advertising ethics has been "who" advertises and "how". However the problem of "what" to express became very important in today's Internet age.
4. Legal problems concerning computer has to he a basis of information ethics in the internet age. Particularly protection of computer program by copyright is still open question and the solution is urgently needed.
5. Diffusion of computer gave birth to various criminal conducts using the computer system. Ethical as well as technological counter-measures to such criminal conducts are necessary
6. The so-called "philosophy of information" must he placed as a basis of information ethics. The effort to establish it can not be avoided.
Research Output (1results)