A Basic Study of the Dutch factory in Deshima in the 18th-19th centuries
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||KITAKYUSHU UNIVERSITY|
YAO Keisuke Kitakyushu University, Faculty of Humanities, Assistant Professor, 文学部, 助教授 (20212269)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
|Keywords||Deshima / The Netherlands / sugar / trade / presents / early modern age / National Seclusion / 脇荷 / 銅 / オランダ商館 / 抜荷 / 長崎貿易 / 糸割符宿老 / 江戸参府費用 / 仕訳帳|
According to the analysis of the books of the Dutch factory at Deshima in Nagasaki, as follows, I examined the unofficial sales and delivery in the Japanese-Dutch trade from the 18ィイD1thィエD1 century to the 19ィイD1thィエD1 century.
1. The annual quantities of the Dutch Company's imports and the yearly quantities and amounts of them on sale at Deshima from the year of 1773 to 1808.
2. The annual expenses of the Dutch factory for the presents to the Japanese authorities and the salaries to Japanese servants at Deshima from the year of 1702 to the year of 1808.
3. The annual profits of the Dutch factory and the yearly commission of the staff of the Dutch factory from the year of 1744 to the year of 1808.
4. The annual quantities of Japanese copper which were exported in the private trade.
5. The changes of the book system of the Dutch factory from the year of 1800 to the year of 1843.
6. The annual expenses of the Dutch factory for the annual attendance to the court in Edo, the presents to the Japanese authorities and the salaries to Japanese servants in Nagasaki from the year of 1818 to the year of 1850.
7. The annual quantities of the spilled sugar in ships to Japan, in warehouses at Deshima and at the delivery to the Japanese from the year of 1818 to the year of 1841.
Research Products (6results)