HISTORICAL STUDIES OF ASIANISM IN MODERN JAPAN
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||FUKUOKA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY(1998-1999, 2001)|
KUROKI Morifumi FUKUOKA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, FACULTY OF INTERNATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS, PROFESSOR, 国際コミュニケーション学部, 教授 (60009850)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,300,000)
|Keywords||Asianism / Koakai (Raise Asian Association) / Azia Kyokai (Asian Association) / little japanism / WATANABE Koki / SUEHIRO Teccho / UEKI Emori / Mujoseihoron (idea of establishing constitution of united nations and organising government of united nations) / 興亜主義 / 地域主義 / 自由民権運動 / 吾妻兵治 / 興亜会・亜細亜協会 / 鄭観応 / 壬午事変 / 福沢輸吉 / 末広鉄腸 / 日本立憲政党 / 小国論 / 義勇軍志願運動|
(1) The aim of the search is the study of the thoughts and behaviors of Asianism in modern Japan, especially of the change of Asianism after Sino - Japanese War. I classified Asianism to two types, one is of establishmentside, the other is of anti establishmentside. Watanabe Koki is a leader of Asianism of establishmentside, Suehiro Teccho is a leader of Asianism of anti-establishmentside. I think the driving forces of Asianism would be come from the contradiction of these two sides.
(2) I studied the thoughts of Ueki Emori a prominent leader of Free and Populor rights movement in Meiji Era. It is a popular theory in the academic field that he was a small japanism not Asianism, but I think that his early foreign thought was Asianism. He said that japan would exchange knowledge and trade commercials with a Asian states (Korea and China) and enlighten these states, and unite each other for competing with European powers in the future. This idea had belonged to Koakai (Raising Asian Associ
ation). Ueki developed this idea to Mujyoseihoron (idea of establishing constitution of united nations, and organizing government of united nations) by denying regional narrowness of Asianism and adopting independency to European powers Asianism had. Ueki had two mixed foreign thoughts, one was the idealistic little jananism, the other was the economic expansionisim using not of military measures but of economic measures.
(3) Suehiro Teccho changed his Asianism from denying war against for China to supporting war on early half of 20s of Meiji Era. I want to search the causes and thoughts of his change. This is my next problem.
(4) Both Watanabe Koki and Suehiro Teccho had the ideas of exchanging knowledges and trading commercials with Asian states (Korea and China) and enlightening these states, and uniting each other for resisting and competing with European powers in the future. They recognized Japanese responsibility to invasioning to Korea and China.
(5) I think this Asianism was hoping equality to Asian states, I would like to call this as the early stage of Asianism in modern japan. Less
Research Products (5results)