The research on the impact of information technology : On e-mail use
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Hosei University|
OKAMOTO Yoshiyuki Hosei University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Professor, 社会学部, 教授 (50105847)
YOSHIDA Makoto Yokohama City University, Faculty of Commerce, Associate Professor, 商学部, 助教授 (90275016)
SUGIMOTO Shin Musashi University, Faculty of Economics, Associate Professor, 経済学部, 助教授 (90262138)
若林 直樹 東北大学, 経済学部, 助教授 (80242155)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
|Keywords||e-mail / information technology / communication / organizational innovation / インターネット / イントラネット / 情報共有 / 企業組織|
The theme of our research is "the impact of information technology (in particular e-mail and jointed databases in a firm) on the decision making of a firm". We have studied the influence on the communication, the decision making, the hierarchy, the organization, the behavior, or the performance by their introduction and use of them. As a result of our research, several conclusions were obtained :
1) The way of communication and information sharing in a firm may change substanitally.
2) The organization in a firm and between firms may be innovated one of whose effects has reduced the hierarchy of a firm.
3) Many firms appreciate the effect positively, but a few, which cannot cope with the information technology, evaluate it negatively.
4) The way of the integration of e-mail and the other information systems may become important.
5) With the prevail of e-mail, employees seem to rely on the communication by e-mail instead of face to face, which may influence the relationship and the organization.
6) New rules on how to use e-mail may be necessary and it will solve the problems of privacy and security.
The sujbet is remained to be solved, which is to do a research the impact from a more general and integrated point of view (including e-business, supply-chain, ERP etc).
Research Products (6results)