A study of market control and investment control in heavy industry
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||TOKYO METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY|
YAMAZAKI Shiro Tokyo Metropolitan University the faculty of economics, assistant professor, 経済学部, 助教授 (10202376)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
|Keywords||cartel / business quarters / mobilization plan / papermanufacturing / shipbuilding / 特殊紙 / 海運業 / 計画造船 / 物資動負計画 / 重化学工業 / カルテル / 統制会 / 戦時経済 / 経済統制 / 独占禁止法 / 物資動員計画 / 行政指導|
In this project I made a survey of staged changes of the market control and investment control from 1910's to 1970's as follows
(1) 1900-- The first stage of voluntary cartel. Short life cartels of sugar, fertilizer, lamp oil manufacturing industry.
(2) 1920-- The Cartels by the regular organization. The management and observation of the conventions by the trade association.
(3) 1931-- The cartels promoted and guided by the government.
(4) 1938-- The planed market and investment under the wartime and post wartime mobilization.
(5) 1950-- Administrative guidance. The presentation of long-term perspective and the regu1ation of investment, and the advised cut down of the operation by the government.
(6) 1965-- The investment regulation by the conference with the bureaucracy and the trade associations, and the recession cartel based on the Anti-trust law.
(7) 1978-- The cooperative abolition of the equipment and the dusk of market regulation.
According to the above division, I made inquiry into the systematic control of the paper manufacturing industry by the trade associations from 1910's to 50's. And then into the high-power political control in the shipbuilding industry during the war, 1937-45.
Research Products (11results)