Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C).
|Research Institution||Nihon University|
ICHIMURA Takaya Nihon University, School of Commerce, Professor, 商学部, 教授 (60063682)
|Project Fiscal Year
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,400,000)
|Keywords||product development / new product development / product strategy / innovation management / product development process / international comparison / fusion model / 製品開発 / 新製品開発 / 製品戦略 / イノベーション・マネジメント / 製品開発プロセス / 国際比較 / 融合モデル / 製品改良 / ニーズ・アセスメント / インフォメーション・ビヘービア / 開発プロセス|
The purpose of the study is to propose a basic model of product development process for the purpose of developing more effective and systematic product development system, thus to analyze the elements that effect on the decision process of product development.
This basic model was applied to the international product development system in order to compare the characteristics of process in each country.
During the period of this project (1997-1999) the main steps of research and obtained results are as followings:
(1) To analyze the information behavior of product development on the basis of fusion concept.
(2) To clarify the role and function of product development as an innovation management system.
(3) To propose a general model of product development process.
(4) To establish items and method for practical investigation in the company.
(5) To translate the questionnaire into German and Finnish language.
(6) To perform practical investigations in Japan, Finland and Germany.
(7) To discuss the relational items and product strategy.
(8) To analyze the characteristics of product development process in each country.
(9) To disclose the results of research at the international conference and international journals.
As a result the characteristics and functions of product development in each step of procedure, have revealed and also clarified the common characteristics and difference of product development in each country, but the quantitative comparison of each cases was remained for the future project.