|Budget Amount *help
¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Based on DuPont telescope plates taken at Las Campanas Observatory, interacting galaxy candidates were surveyed for 6 southern cluster of galaxies. Similar survey has been tried based on archival data of Hubble Space Telescope, and the following preliminary data were obtained.
1. We installed a hard disk to our computer system, and prepared for data reduction of HST archival data.
2. We obtained permission from STScI to ftp archival data of HST.
3. We accessed to utl to obtain manuals for data reduction of HST data, and made trainings for science.
4. As a test case, we got archival data of NGC 7742, a nearby spiral galaxy, in U, V, R, and I color bands. We obtained their photometric data successfully.
5. We obtained archival data of the Hubble Deep Field as an example of distant clusters of galaxies, and examined, it for training of detection of interacting galaxies.
6. We started survey of interacting galaxies for 2 distant clusters (cz = 0.8) taken' by HST.