Dynamical Gauge Bosons and Grand Unification
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Aichi University|
BANDOU Masako Faculty of Law, Aichi University, 法学部, 教授 (20025365)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥1,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
|Keywords||Neutrino / hierarchy massses / Mass Mixing / Extra dimension / Dynamical gauge / Infrared Fixed Point / brane / Yukawa coupling / 質量混合角 / Infrared Fixed Point / bo brane / Yukawa coupling / neutrino / Mass matrix / Mixeng angle / Unified Theory / E_6 / SO(10) / Infrared Structure / Dynamical Gange bosars / Dynamical Guuge Bosor / Grand Unitication / Sueper spmmetry / Neutrino / Mass Mafrix / Mixing Matrix / Infrared Fixod point / Roncumalization Group Equation|
(1) Recently there have been proposed that there exist the extra dimensions other than our 4 dimensions in which some of the existing matter or gauge fields live. In this scenario the brane of our world may fluctuate by the interactions of the such fields as so called KALUZA-KLEIN modes. We study how this brane fluctuation affects to the couplings of the ordinary fields to KK modes. Also we proposed that the effects of RGE from KK modes explain the hierarchy of Yukawa couplings because of power running.
(2) The structure of neutrino mixing is different from that of quarks. We proposed a unified model of E(6) group which provides a twisted family structure. This fact explains why lepton mixing is different from quark mixings. Also we found that such family structure yields S0(10) like intersting relations.
(3) In the case of dynamical gauge bosons the running gauge couplings blow up at the compositeness scale above which the new physics begins. In this case the theory below this scale bec
omes asymptotically non-free gauge theory (strong coupling unification). In strong coupling unification the RGE effects of those gauge couplings to Yukawa couplings is appreciable. We study how the strong coupling unification of the extended MSSM predicts the bottom tau ratio under the existence of right handed neutrino.
(4) The ESSM model with 5 families has additional singlet neutrinos (the sterile neutrinos). We propose the possibility that those sterile neutrinos explain large neutrino mixing even in the SO(10) GUT. Also we calculate mass matrices of the ordinary quarks and leptons of 3 families in ESSM model.
(5) Stimulated by the SK results, we study the neutrino mass texture to explain the large neutrino mixing. We propose that the crossing texture of right handed Majorana neutron mass texture is needed to reproduce the large mixing if the ordinary quark and lepton mass matrix are similar in the unified theory.
(6) In the framework of dynamical gauge bosons, the theory shows asymptotically free gauge theory. We study how stable the infrared fixed points in ANF theory and propose that this infrared fixed point structure is a tool to predict top, bottom quarks and tau leptons. Also we study the nonlinear sigma model in a Grassmanian manifold and show an example of the system in which dynamical gauge bosons are created. Less
Research Output (33results)