A study of guest molecular motion and host structure of multi-dimensional framework metal complex hosts formed with bridging cyano groups.
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||The University of Tokyo|
NISHIKIORI Shin-ichi The University of Tokyo, Department of Basic science, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Associate Professor, 大学院・総合文化研究科, 助教授 (70134400)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,500,000)
|Keywords||molecular motion / clathrate / host-guest compound / cyano complex / solid-state nmr / X-ray diffraction / phase transition / X線回折 / 団体NMR|
This research has been done in order to obtain information about the relation between guest molecular motion and host structure of multi-dimensional framework metal complex host clathrates formed with bridging cyano groups. Main techniques used here were ィイD12ィエD1H-NMR and X-ray diffraction. Obtained results and information are as follows.
1. A computer program for analyzing molecular motion from ィイD12ィエD1H-NMR powder patterns. This program is designed for treating various types of molecular motional modes.
2. The thermally activated process of the out-of-plane motion of the benzene guest of [Cd(CN)(dmen)ィイD22ィエD2]ィイD22ィエD2,[Cd(CN)ィイD24ィエD2] benzene clathrate, and molecular motion of a part of the metal complex host were clarified.
3. The information of benzene, toluene and ethylbenzene guest molecular motion in the cavity of a [N(CHィイD23ィエD2)ィイD24ィエD2] [CdィイD23ィエD2(CN)ィイD27ィエD2] host, and their motional behavior during the process of thermal decomposition was obtained. Some fundamental m
olecular motional modes and some techniques of constructing more complicated molecular motion using the fundamental modes have ,been presented.
4. A phase transition of [S(CHィイD23ィエD2)ィイD23ィエD2][CdィイD23ィエD2(CN)ィイD27ィエD2]・p-xylene clathrate, which is accompanied with change of p-xylene guest molecular motional mode and host structure, was found out.
5. The information of the motional behavior of the pyrrole guest, which is a polar molecule, in Cd(NHィイD23ィエD2)ィイD22ィエD2Ni(CN)ィイD24ィエD2 and Cd(en)Ni(CN)ィイD24ィエD2 host was obtained. It was shown that the orientation of the pyrrole guest is maintained in spite of its large reorientational motion like that found in its beazene clathrate, and a cooperative phenomenon coming from a host-guest interaction was found out.
Guest molecular motion as a simple thermally activated process has been a target of this research so far. In a next step, phenomena, which appear as a result of cooperative effect of host-guest interaction coming from guest molecular motion and flexibility of host, will become a main target. Less
Research Products (7results)