ANALYSIS OF MICROSCOPIC WEAR MECHANISM OF CERAMICS COATINGS BASED ON FRICTION TESTS IN THE CCD MICROSCOPE
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C).
|Research Institution||YAMAGATA UNIVERSITY|
HOKKIRIGAWA Kazuo FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, YAMAGATA UNIVERSITY, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 工学部, 助教授 (60173605)
|Project Fiscal Year
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,400,000)
|Keywords||Ceramics / Coatings / Wear / Wear Mode / Wear Mechanism / セラミックス / 薄膜 / 摩耗 / 摩耗形態 / 摩耗機構 / 摩耗機能|
The purpose of this investigation is to analyse microscopic wear mechanism of ceramic coatings, based on friction tests in the CCD microscope. Following results were obtained ;
(1) Microscopic wear modes of ceramic coatings can be classified into following three modes ;
1) spalling of coating film at initial sliding passage
2) spalling of coating film after certain sliding passages
3) wear of coating film
(2) Wear modes of coating film can be classified into following two modes ;
1) flake formation : This is the severest wear mode of ceramics by macroscopic surface crack propagation.
2) powder formation : This is caused by microscopic surface crack propagation.
Research Output (11results)