A Study of Power Transmission Efficiency in Belt Transmission and Carrying System
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Osaka Institute of Technology|
KOYAMA Tomio Osaka Institute of Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (50079547)
ZHANG Weiming Osaka Institute of Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (60268224)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
|Keywords||Efficiency / Transmission belt / Carrying belt / Power loss / Tension distribution / Experimental result / Crowning / FEM analysis / ベルト搬送 / 平ベルト / 歯付ベルト / 動力伝達 / 伝達効率 / 摩擦損失 / FEM解析 / 平ベルト伝動の張力分布 / 歯付ベルト伝動の効率 / 挟持搬送 / 平プーリのクラウニング / 動力伝達効率 / 搬送ベルト / 多軸伝動|
As basic research on power transmission's mechanical efficiency of belt drive, transport system, this study examined flat belt used for belt drive, transport system and transmission characteristic of toothed belt and friction loss.
To begin with, by the finite element method, tension distribution of rubber flat belt and film belt transmission was analyzed, and the effect of the pulley crowning on tension distribution of the flat belt was discussed experimentally. Following conclusions were obtained.
(1) Tension distribution of the film flat belt agrees well with the theory of Euler.
(2) Effective wind angle of the rubber flat belt greatly appears from the theoretical calculation value of Euler.
(3) The core body transmits most of the tension which is caught in the belt the rubber flat belt.
(4) The cross-direction tension greatly receives the effect of the crowning on the flat belt.
Next, friction work based on the meshing interference of belt tooth and pulley tooth was analyzed, while the experimental research on power transmission's mechanical efficiency of the toothed belt gearing was carried out. Following conclusions were got.
(1) The driving torque of toothed belt is the effect of the friction of tooth and belt bending rigidity, and it fluctuates periodically.
(2) The driving torque of toothed belt is bigger than it of flat bait. In short, more large friction loss has produced the way of toothed belt.
(3) The polygonal action of the pulley is reduced the toothed belt by the interference of the tooth.
(4) From the result of the FEM analysis, the friction work based on the meshing of the toothed belt fluctuates as a period in respect of a belt pitch.
Research Products (3results)