Development of The High Grade Magnetic Diagnosis System Using The New Rotational Magnetic Flux Sensor for Non-destructive Testing
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Oita National College of Technology|
OKA Mohachiro Oita National College of Technology, Department of Computer and Control Engineering, Associate Professor, 制御情報工学科, 助教授 (80107838)
KANADA Tsugunori Oita National College of Technology, Department of Computer and Control Engineer, 制御情報工学科, 教授 (70040756)
ENOKIZONO Masato Oita University, Faculty of Engineering, Department of Electric and Electronics, 工学部・電気電子工学科, 教授 (40136784)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
|Keywords||Non-destructive evaluation / Magnetic sensor / Rotational magnetic flux / Barkhousen noise / Estimation of fatigue / Reverse-side defect / Estimation of a defect shape / 磁気探傷|
In this project, we developed fore types of magnetic sensors such as the rotational magnetic flux sensor with the three axis search coil, the rotational magnetic sensor with the three axis search coil using exciting cores made of the silicon steel sheet, the differential type of the rotational magnetic flux sensor with the three axis pickup coil and the differential type of the rotational magnetic flux sensor with two three axis search coils. They showed good performance to detect a small reverse-side defect existing on the thick steel plate or the tick stainless steel plate. The non-destructive evaluation system which consisted of the rotational magnetic flux sensor and the neural network could automatically estimated reverse-side defect properties such as the position, the depth. the inclination angle and the shape. And we developed the measurement system for the rotational Barkhousen noise. Results of this project are shown as follows :
1) All types of sensors for a 5 mm thick steel
plate can clearly detect a 2 mm depth reverse-side defect. The differential type of the rotational magnetic flux sensor with two three axis search coils can detect a I mm depth reverse-side defect.
2) The low exciting frequency is useful for estimation of the small reverse-side defect.
3) They show good signal to noise ratio.
4) All types of sensors for a 5 mm thick stainless steel plate can distinguish different shapes of the reverse-side defects.
5) The three axis output signals from these sensors contain useful information about the reverse-side defect properties.
6) Results of automatic estimation of defect properties using the NDE system show good agreement with the given ones generally.
7) The results showed that the Barkhousen noise was able to be continuously generated in a rotational magnetic field and the signal had information of defects or flows in measuring materials.
8) The attractors of Barkhousen noise under some rotating and alternating magnetic field conditions are investigated to make clear the existence of Chaos in the signals.
We were able to develop the very useful NDE system to detect and to estimate reverse-side defects existing on a thick metallic plate. Less
Research Products (22results)