Developing of Self-learning Car Navigation System
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||OKAYAMA UNIVERSITY|
INOUYE Hiroshi Okayama University, Department of Environmental Science and Technology, Associate Professor, 環境理工学部, 助教授 (80026286)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
|Keywords||car navigation system / global positioning system / traffic control / traffic simulation / database|
1. The GPS system that used the GPS antenna (ETAK ET-GPS1), map & GPS software (MapFan II), personal computer (NEC PC-9821Nr166) was composed.
2. The method how to detect the traveling link on the road network and calculate link travel times from the GPS traveling locus data was formed.
3. The system that preserves the travel time data as a knowledge database to the disk of the computer was formed.
4. The system that searches the optimal route between origin and destination by using the travel time database and displays it on the map was formed.
5. By driving the test vehicle that installed the GPS system on the major line road network of Okayama city area, the travel time database was formed actually.
6. The accuracy of the optimal route, that is presented by Navigation System on the basis of the travel time database was examined by using computer simulation.
7. Although the result differs by traffic condition, the accuracy of the optimal route search by this Navigation System is about 42% as the whole average and about 75% as the maximum.
8. The travel time cut by this Navigation System is about 9% as the whole average and about 20% as the maximum.
9. Through the study it was made clear that the self-learning car navigation system is effective and it is possible technically.
Research Products (13results)