Research on the proportion of cistercian cliosters in mediaeval Europe
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Kyoto Institute of Technology|
NISHIDA Masatsugu Kyoto Institute of Technology, Dept.of Engineering and Design, Lecturer, 工芸学部, 講師 (80198473)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
|Keywords||European mediaeval architecture / Monastic architecture / Cistercian monasteries / Cloister / Proportion / Measured drawing / Measurement / Design technique / 西洋中世建築設計技法 / 基礎図形 / 尺度 / 寸法 / 実測調査|
Generally speaking, expected result could be obtained.
1. Measured drawings of cistercian cloisters were prepared based upon our own measurements on the sites. These drawings and the measured drawings of the plans of cistercian churches which had been already prepared were made on the films in purpose of further detailed analysis.
2. The methodology of the analysis of proportion of cloister architecture could be established through the analysis of the measurements and plans of cistercian churches.
3. Our computer aided method of deduction of the unit of measure from actual data of measurements were renovated and could be reached in a certain ideal condition for the use of our research
4. Some cloisters and their architectural parts, and also the plans of churches were analysed synthetically, and their geometrical compositions, measurements, the units of measure and the mediaeval symbolisme of' number were clarified.
5. The data of our own measurements on the sites and our measured drawings were systematically and totally preserved by a certain fixed total manner. Finished drawings of cistercian cloisters could not be terminated for all cloisters which had already been measured.
6. Bibliography was generally established concerning the very important references.
7. Donation of the our finished measured drawings to the concerned organizations is now under preparation.
8. The results of our analysis on the plans of some cistercian churches were published in some journals of the Architectural Institute of Japan. Through these publications, our established methodology of nanalysis which can be applied to the analysis of cistercian cloisters can be comprehended. As to the result of the analysis of cloisters, these are now being prepared in purpose of the publication.
Research Products (17results)