Material and optical study of aluminum and copper decorative alloys prepared by control of grain size
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Takaoka National College|
NOSE Masateru Takaoka National College, Dept.of Industrial Arts and Crafts, Associate Professor, 産業造形学科, 助教授 (70269570)
SHIBAYANAGI Toshiya Osaka University, Joining and Welding Research Institute, Associate Professor, 接合科学研究所, 助教授 (10187411)
NAKAMURA Takio Takaoka National College, Dept.of Industrial Arts and Crafts, Professor, 産業造形学科, 教授 (60198215)
YOKOTA Masaru Takaoka National College, Dept.of Industrial Arts and Crafts, Professor, 産業造形学科, 教授 (10029225)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
|Keywords||JIS A1070 / JIS A5020 / Cu-Al alloys / Cu-Zn alloys / etching / crystal orientation / decorative alloy / interior materials / 反射方向 / EBSP / 再結晶 / 建材用アルミニウム合金 / 分光光度計 / 拡散反射率 / 正反射率|
We investigate the relationship between the optical properties to surface morphology and crystal orientations of JIS A1070- and JIS A5020-aluminum alloys, and Cu-3%Al alloys, and then compared the decorative property of Cu alloys having coarsened grains.
The following results were obtained as follows.
Concerning JIS A1070 aluminum alloys :
(1) The etched surface of crystals are classified into two types : one (type A) is the crystal which has smooth surface and shows high regular reflectance ; the other one (type B) is the crystal which has jagged surface such as a wavy pattern.
(2) Type A crystals have the (310) or (100) plane and all of type B have the (110) plane.
(3) The longish direction of wavy jag is virtually parallel to the <100> direction of type B crystal.
(4) Since type B crystals have a properly dispersed direction (<80 degree), the brilliancy of each type B crystal can be shown by a multiform reflection.
Concerning to Cu-3%Al alloys :
(5) Etched surface of crystals are classified
into four types : one (type A) is the crystal which has smooth surface ; the second one (type B1) is the crystal having stripe pattern ; the third one (type B2) is the crystal which has jagged surface such as a wavy pattern ; and last one (type C) is the crystal having cuboid unevenness.
(6) The stripe pattern of type B1 crystal is created as intersection of crystal plane and etched plane.
From these results, it is important for a decorative alloy to have a properly dispersed direction of crystal plane having stripe patterns with a view to showing a multiform reflection. Accordingly, the alloy plates composed of random oriented crystals prepared by proper cold working and heat treatment are found to be suitable for interior materials. Furthermore, the control of etched surface by etchant will be able to create the multiform morphology of crystal surface showing complex reflection. A proper combination of these processes can produce a good decorative material. Especially, Cu-Al and Cu-Zn (Marumo Brass 【〇!R】) alloys can be expected as new materials for crafts or interior products embodying western life style. Less
Research Products (6results)