A survey of the change of the impression and the sensuous evaluation of wood with age
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Gunma University|
KATO Koichi Gunma University, faculty of education, professor, 教育学部, 教授 (80126846)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,300,000)
|Keywords||impression of wood / sensuous evaluation of wood / emotional evaluation of wood / analysis of variance / Sugi / Shioji / Hinoki / Survey of age group / SD法 / 因子分析 / 塗装 / 木材の特徴|
1. In order to clarify the change of the impression and the sensuous evaluation of wood with age, a survey was undertaken with children, junior high school students, senior high school students, under graduate students and adults. The summary of the results is shown below.
(1) About a half of every age group had good impression for wood or recognized the weak points of wood. There was no difference between age groups on their impression and recognition.
(2) The impression of 'luxury' or 'easily making' for wood decreased with advancing age.
(3) Every age group gave good sensuous evaluation or good emotion to the appearance of Sugi board.
(4) Every age group felt 'Japanese style' on Sugi board. The impression of 'artless' or 'quiet' for Sugi board increased with advancing age.
2. The results of preliminary surveys administrated to under graduate students are shown below.
(1) There were slight differences in wood species but large differences between a painted wood and a non-painted wood.
(2) It was evaluated that Sugi board used in the main survey was suitable for wood and had good appearance and quality.
Research Products (6results)