Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||AICHI MEDICAL UNIVERSITY|
KANEKO Hirroshi Aichi Medical University, Faculty of Medicine Assistant Professor, 医学部, 講師 (60214467)
KOTERA Hiroshi Aichi Medical University, Faculty of Medicine Assistant Professor, 医学部, 助手 (50298593)
KONAGAYA Toshihiro Aichi Medical University, Faculty of Medicine Research Associate, 医学部, 助手 (60298594)
MITSUMA Terunori Aichi Medical University, Faculty of Medicine, rofessor, 医学部, 教授 (00111857)
YAMAGUCHI Chikara Aichi Medical University, Faculty of Medicine Assistant Professor, 医学部, 助手 (70288538)
MORI Shozaburo Aichi Medical University, Faculty of Medicine Assistant Professor, 医学部, 助手 (70257707)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
|Keywords||Stress / Stomach / Function / TRH / adrenomedullin / somatostatin / Helicobacter pylori / rat / orexin-A / ソマトスタチン / マウス / アミリン / Helicobacterpylori|
(3) TRH acts on both antral or corpus gastric mucosa to decrease somatostatin secretion through a TRH receptor subtype 1,which is in part positive in D-cells by immunohistochemistry.
Effect of stress of stress-related peptides on rat gastric function
(1) Several kinds of stressors induced gastric strong contraction in conscious rats. Water-avoidance or wrap restraint stress showed spike burst at 4 com, resulting in no gastric erosion. In contrast, water immersion stress demonstrated giant waves at 1 to 2 cpm, similar to central TRH-induced wave, inducing gastric injury. The latter contraction pattern seems responsible for gastric mucosal damage.
(2) Low dose of adrenomedullin and amylin injected intracisternally showed gastric protection through different receptor and peirphral pathway form central calcitonin gene-related peptide action.
2. Factors stipulating gastric injury in Helicobacter pylori (HP) infection from the viewpoints of peptides with a reference to stress
(1) Failure in establishing the HP infected animal models with rats or mice.
(2) Intragastric ammonia solution decreased rat antral D-cells, and increased the proportion of immunoreactive-somatostatin receptor positive cells to D-cells and portal gastrin concentrations.
(3) Somatostatin (10ィイD1-11ィエD1 M) inhabits HP proliferation in the broth.
Lack of the HP infected model makes impossible to investigate the relationship between HP infection and stress during the research term.