Ethnographic study on the community health nursing practices in rural Japan
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C).
|Research Institution||Shinshu University|
ASAHARA Kiyomi School of Allied Medical Sciences, Shinshu University, 医療技術短期大学部, 教授 (80240795)
MAEDA Jukai School of Nursing, Nagano College of Nursing., 看護学部, 講師 (80291574)
SUZUKI Mariko School of Medical technology, Osaka College of Nursing, 医療技術短期大学部, 講師 (10281255)
征矢野 あや子 長野県看護大学, 看護学部, 助手 (20281256)
MOMOSE Yumiko School of Allied Medical Sciences, Shinshu University, 医療技術短期大学部, 講師 (20262735)
KONISHI Emiko School of Nursing, Nagano College of Nursing, 看護学部, 教授 (70011054)
YANAGISAWA Setsuko School of Allied Medical Sciences, Shinshu University, 医療技術短期大学部, 助手 (90200534)
|Project Fiscal Year
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
|Keywords||rural area / community health nursing practice / public health nurse / ethnography / culture / 農村 / 地域看護活動 / エスノグラフィー / 文化 / 保健婦 / 地域看護 / 看護活動|
The purpose of this ethnographic study was to describe the community health nursing practices in rural Japan from public health nurses' perspectives. Twenty-four public health nurses (PHNs) who were working at rural community participated in unstructured, tape-recorded interviews.
The findings were as follows:
1. Rural communities have maintained the traditional values and norms, while rural life has rapidly changed.
2. It was found the closer relationship between PHNs and community members.
3. Six characteristic rural community health nursing practices were found; 'considering the whole of community', 'conducting the practices from the actual work to health care policy planning', 'creating the health care systems in a community', 'networking among the persons, organizations and institutions ', 'surveying the actual condition of community' and 'carrying out immediately '.
4. 'Networking among the persons, organizations and institutions' which was the most important community health nursing practice in rural areas had five kinds of modes; 'connecting with the residents', 'maintaining the relationship with other professionals or staff members of town (village) office ', 'connecting with clients and their family members', 'networking strategies when PHNs initiate the health care programs' and 'creating the residents' organizations or neighbors' networks in a community'.
5. PHNs were practicing community health nursing activities with the cognitions such as 'philosophy of community health nursing practices', 'a sense of satisfaction to attain the aim', 'disadvantages of PHNs working at rural community ', 'a sense of justice for residents and their community', 'awareness of PHN's responsibilities for residents and theft community' and 'desire to learn and improve the health care of one's community'.
From these results, it seems important to clarify the knowledge about rural community health nursing practices and create the rural nursing modal.
Research Output (1results)