Preparation and function of defatted soybean fermented with Neruospora
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||GIFU WOMEN'S UNIVERSITY|
MATSUO Masako Gifu Women's University, General Education, Professor, 教養部, 教授 (90199761)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥200,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥2,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,800,000)
|Keywords||defatted soybean / ontjom / plasma cholesterol reduction / antimutagenicity / in vivo antioxidaization / 生体内抗酸化力 / 抗変異原物質 / 降コレステロール / 繊維の資化 / オリゴ糖|
Defatted soybean (DSB) is not utilized as food material. DSB-ontjom (fermented DSB with Neurospora intermedia) was prepared to utilize DSB more fully and to improve its physiological function of DSB as a food.
1. Preparation and nutritional character of DSB-ontjom as a food.
(1) Preparation of DSB-ontjom. DSB containing 60% moisture was incubated with spores of Neurospora intermedia at 30℃ for 18 hours and continuously at 27℃ for 24 hours in 65% humidity.
(2) Nutritional character of DSB-ontjom. The component changes from DSB to ontjom were as follows. Folmol nitrogen, soluble protein and soluble dietary fiber were increased, and oligosaccharide were decreased. Therefore, ontjom is digestible, and there would be no flatulence after consumption of ontjom.
2. Physiological function of DSB-ontjom in rats.
(1) Plasma cholesterol reduction. DSB-ontjom reduced the plasma cholesterol level greatly and increased fecal steroid excretion, as compared with DSB.
(2) In vivo antioxidant activity. DSB-ontjom acted as antioxidant in vivo, and suppressed the consumption of α-tocopherol and the elevation of TBA value of plasma.
3. Antimutagencity of DSB-ontjom.
DSB-ontjom showed strong antimutagenicity against nitrosodimethylamine. The antimutagenicity of aqueous extract of DSB-ontjom was stronger than that of methanol extract. In the antimutagenic fraction, phosphate, polyphenolate and pentose were detected by color reactions, and its molecular weight was estimated larger than 6,000 by a gel filtration chromatography.
Research Output (5results)