A Study on the Progress of Performance Through Forehead EEG Biofeedback Training
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||ASSUMPTION JUNIOR COLLEGE|
NIWA Takaaki ASSUMPTION JUNIOR COLLEGE, PROFESSOR, 教授 (70031664)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,700,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
|Keywords||EEG / Fp_2 α_2 wave / β_2 wave / biofeedbacktraining / autogenic training / concentration / imagination / flicker value / バイオフィードバック / 反応時間 / 弁別反応 / 運動経験 / 心拍制御 / 陸上競技部員 / 剣道部員 / Fp_2α_2波 / α_2波 / 疲労 / 前額皮上電位 / Fp_2 α_2波 / 色 / 音 / 情景 / 注意の集中|
EEG amplifiers (FM515s, ss) picked up the EEG at Fp_2 position, and divided it into six bandpass waves (the θ_2, α_1, α_2, α_3, β_2 waves and the artifact). It distinguished one dominant wave in the EEG in each 2 second interval. The speed of A/D conversion is 20ms. The amplitude of these six bandpass waves is an out put with a 1/256 resolution of the full scale every 2 seconds. Signal sounds at the BFT by means of the image based on autogenic training, color, scene and sound were sent from FM515S when the Fp_2 α_2 wave appeared predominantly. Performance was measured by means of concentration level meter and others.
The following several researches were performed in series :
1 Examination of the increasing concentration by the EEG α_2 wave biofeedback training using the autogenic training method.
2 Relationship between the improvement of performance and prevalent Fp_2 α_2 wave by EEG biofeedback training using the imagination.
3 Relationship between a person's comfortable feelings caused by sound and the prevalent EEG.
4 Relationship between the performance of hitting the mark in kyudo and the control of heart rate by biofeedback training using autogenic training with Kyudo athletes and others.
As a result, the following conclusions were obtained :
1. A high level of concentration to one point is accompanied by a large time fraction of the Fp_2α_2 wave.
2. Intensification of the Fp_2α_2 wave can be accomplished by BFT of the prevalent EEG α_2 wave using the autogenetic training method.
3. The concentration level to one point can be increased by the intensification of the Fp_2 α_2 wave accomplished through BFT using the autogenetic training method.
4. The time fraction of each wave prevalent in EEG is a reasonable measure of psychological response more than the time average of EEG amplitude.
5. The concentration level to one point can be increased by the intensification of the Fp_2 α_2 wave accomplished through BFT using the imagination.
Research Products (26results)