Grant-in-Aid for International Scientific Research.
|Section||Joint Research .|
|Research Institution||TOTTORI UNIVERSITY|
HONNA Toshimasa FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE,TOTTORI UNIVERSITY,PROFESSOR, 農学部, 教授 (90093624)
JOSE Luis Le メキシコ北西部生物学研究センター, 助教授
ENRIQUE troy メキシコ北西部生物学研究センター, 教授
河野 強 鳥取大学, 農学部, 助教授 (50270567)
TAKUMA Katsutoshi FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE,TOTTORI UNIVERSITY,PROFESSOR, 農学部, 教授 (40032297)
IWASAKI Masami FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE,TOTTORI UNIVERSITY,PROFESSOR, 農学部, 教授 (60032299)
LEON Jose Lu メキシコ北西部生物学研究センター, 助教授
TROYO Enriqy メキシコ北西部生物学研究センター, 教授
NAKAJIMA Hiromitsu FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE,TOTTORI UNIVERSITY,PROFESSOR, 農学部, 教授 (40144646)
DIEGUEZ Enrique Troyo CIBNOR,PROFESSOR
LEON Jose Luis CIBNOR,ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
|Project Fiscal Year
1998 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Keywords||DESERTIFICATION / NEMATODE / SALINIZATION / ALKALIZATION / SOIL EROSION / ARID LAND AGRICULTURE / SALT ACCUMULATION / PRESERVING ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITION / 砂漠化 / 砂漠化防止 / 塩類化 / アルカリ化 / 土壌劣化 / 乾燥地農業 / 塩類集積 / 環境保全|
1. The present condition of ecosystem and agriculture of arid areas in Baja California, Mexico was investigated by joint research between Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas del Noroeste (CIBNORI) and Tottori University.
2. Salinization and alkalization of agricultural lands caused by irrigation have been gradually developing and abandoned lands by desertification are increasing. The depletion and salinization of ground water will soon be a big problem in agriculture in Baja California. Also a damage of crops by nematode is increasing. It is necessary to take steps to meet these conditions rapidly.
3. The technology of cultivation, irrigation and fertilization seemed to be unsatisfactory.
4. The giant cactus is the most important plant species in Baja California. However, the area of withering of 300 to 400 year old plants is rapidly increasing. The cause is unknown. It is a serious environmental problem in Baja California.
5. Soil erosion of cultivated and uncultivated lands is a big problem in Baja California.
6. The both teams could lecognize the problems in Baja California individually and mutually by the investigation there.
7. The team of CIBNOR visited the facilities of environmental control, crop and water management, chemical analyses and information analyses etc. of Tottori University. They recognized the importance of joint research with Tottori University.
8. Four symposia were held four times in Tottori University and CIBNOR in order to exchange information about preventing desertification and sustainable agriculture.