Basic Conditions For Development of Agriculture In Nomadic Areas (Mongolia).
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
|Section||University-to-University Cooperative Research|
|Research Institution||Tokyou University of Agriculture|
USUI Susumu Research Center for Global Resources and Environment Researcher, 地球資源環境研究センター, 学術研究員 (80018093)
美甘 勉 東京農業大学, 生物産業学部, 講師 (40277249)
NAGASAWA Masasi Faculty of Bio-Industry, Professor., 生物産業学部, 教授 (20217988)
小松 輝行 東京農業大学, 生物産業学部, 教授 (70215391)
YOKOHAMA Mitinari Faculty of Bio-Industry, Professor., 生物産業学部, 教授 (40220561)
ARAI Hajime Faculty of International Agriculture and Food Studies, Professor., 国際食料情報学部, 教授 (20167985)
SIROISI Masahiko Faculty of International Agriculture and Food Studies, Professor., 国際食料情報学部, 教授 (30078159)
藤島 廣二 東京農業大学, 国際食料情報学部, 教授 (70287449)
MIDORO Tomoyuki Faculty of Bio-Industry, Associate Professor., 生物産業学部, 助教授 (80219683)
|Project Fiscal Year
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥2,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,600,000)
|Keywords||Mongolia / Nomad / Market economy / Cooparative / Husbandry / Farming / Agribusiness / モンゴル国 / 市場経済化 / 遊牧農業 / 協同組合 / 家畜 / 畑作 / 食品企業|
The aim of this study is to identify the basic conditions for agricultural development in nomadic areas through field research in Mongolia.
1. The main result of the field research is summarized as follows :
(1) Nomads have endeavored to adapt themselves to shift to the market economy, and the number of livestock is increasing. However, there are regional differences and the increased number of livestock has outgrown the capacity for grassland.
(2) On the other hand, arable land has been decreasing and crop production has declined. A significant unbalance between the crop production and animal breeding was observed.
(3) With the privatization of government enterprises various agribusinesses began to appear. Yet their management capacities are still weak.
(4) Although the wholesale markets in large cities have been improved gradually, transportation and commodity distribution are in disorder.
(5) Various private enterprises, including the organization of cooperatives, have not yet attained economic stability.
2. It is important to build an integrated system of product, processing, distribution and consumption on which is capable of adapting to the market economy. To achieve this goal, it is a must to build up the following necessary conditions and sufficient conditions at the same time.
(1) Necessary conditions :
Equipping of the facilities for agricultural production and distribution.
Expansion of social capitals.
Forlification of the system for agricultural development and political support.
(2) Sufficient conditions :
Development of new private agricultural enterprises to displace the government farms and negdels.
Proficiency of agricultural technique and management and growth of local communities.
Research Output (11results)