Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A).
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||KYUSHU UNIVERSITY|
SUEISHI Katsuo Faculty of Medicine, KYUSHU UNIVERSITY, Prof., 大学院・医学研究院, 教授 (70108710)
YONEMITSU Yoshikazu Faculty of Medicine, KYUSHU UNIVERSITY, Assistant, 医学部・附属病院, 助手 (40315065)
NAKAGAWA Kazunori Faculty of Medicine, KYUSHU UNIVERSITY, Lecturer, 大学院・医学研究院, 講師 (50217668)
NAKASHIMA Yutaka Faculty of Medicine, KYUSHU UNIVERSITY, Ass.Prof., 大学院・医学研究院, 助教授 (50135349)
河野 真司 九州大学, 医療技術短期大学部, 助教授 (20225379)
橋本 修一 九州大学, 大学院・医学系研究科, 助手 (00243931)
田代 賀比古 九州大学, 医学部, 助手 (10188237)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥37,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥37,900,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥8,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥13,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥13,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥16,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥16,600,000)
|Keywords||gene transfer vector / Sev / VEGF / FGF-2 / MCP-1 / angiogenesis / atherosclerosis / vascular remodeling / 遺伝子導入 / Sevベクター / PTCA / TGFβ^1 / 遺伝子治療 / 血栓症 / 血管新生病 / 転写因子 / デコイオリゴ|
The major results obtained in the last year (from Apr., 2000 to Mar., 2001) were as follows :
1. Investigation on biological properties of Sendai virus vector (SeV) : 1) the in vitro and in vivo efficiencies of transduction and expression of beta-gal., luciferase, ecNOS, VEGF, FGF-2 and other genes using SeV were almost the same as those by Adeno virus vector, and SeV-mediated gene transfer was characterized by the fact that its brief exposure to cells in vitro and in vivo, less than 10 min., was enough for the peak gene expression. 2) Intaluminal injection of reporter gene-SeV could label not only ECs but also medial SMCs, but the neointima ocurred in human varicose veins hampered the transfection of medial SMCs.
2. Molecular mechanism of angiogenesis in ischemic tissues : 1) Effect of intramuscular injection of VEGF and FGF-2 genes-SeV on development of collateral vessels in ischemic limb mouse model : injection of FGF-2 gene could induce endogeneous VEGF overexpression, and markedly i
mprove blood perfusion in the ischemic limb by enhanced angiogenesis. However, VEGF gene injection worsened blood perfusion in ischemic limb. 2) the final and target angiogenic molecule for accelerating the development of collateral vessels in ischemic tissues was VEGF, but the harmonized collaboration of other angiogenic factors including FGF-2 was necessary for developing effective collateral circulation.
3. In rat pulmonary hypertension induced by monocrotaline, interstitial remodeling by function of infiltrating macrophages through MCP-1 was revealed to be most important in development of pulmonary hypertension, and intramuscular infection of 7ND MCP-1 gene was effective for its prevention.
4. Pigmentary retinopathy was revealed to be an angiogenic disease by the development of animal models of retroretinal angiogenesis by overexpression of VEGF using SeV.
5. Diffuse intimal thickening was revealed to be an atherosclerosis-prone lesion by systematically and morphometrically examining human arteries including aorta, coronary artery, basilar artery of brain and others. Less