Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A).
Town planning/Architectural planning
|Research Institution||Kumamoto University|
MOROZUMI Mitsuo Kumamoto University, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (50040449)
村上 祐治 株式会社, 構造計画研究所, 主任研究員
KAWASUMI Norihiro Kyoto Institute of Technology, Faculty of Textile Science, Instructor, 繊維学部, 助手 (30252547)
HONMA Riken Kumamoto University, Faculty of Engineering, Instructor, 工学部, 助手 (60284741)
IKI Kazuhisa Kumamoto University, Grad.School of Science and Tech., Professor, 自然科学研究科, 教授 (00244103)
YAMAGUCHI Shigeyuki Kyoto Institute of Technology, Faculty of Textile Science, Professor, 繊維学部, 教授 (00029266)
MURAKAMI Yuji Kozo-Keikaku Engineers Inc., Chief Engineer
|Project Fiscal Year
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥21,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥21,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥4,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥4,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥12,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥12,400,000)
|Keywords||collaboration / INTERNET / WWW / design education / experimental studies / CAD / groupware / INTRANET / コラボレーション / インターネット / ホームページ / 設計教育 / 運用実験 / グループウエア / イントラネット / グループウェア|
(1) As the based for studies investigators discussed, firstly, a process model of architectural design collaboration that observed flows of design informaiton, secondly, internal limit and capability of present communication tools, and finally conditions and goals of the system to be development.
(2) Investigators developed a prototype of group work CAD : GW-CAD that allow designers in remote locations make concurrent synchronous design communication through CAD windows displayed on each PC, maniptulating and exchanging CAD models among each other, and controlling view parameters of shared CAD window.
(3) Investigators developed a prototype of web based asynchronous design communication system : GW-Notebook, and reported features of the system and procedure of its usage. They also assessed its capability by observing a process of case project and answers of participants to questionnaire on the system use.
(4) Investigators also developed two systems that could be integrated with GW-Notebo
ok in the next step : Visual Pinup Board, and Design Proposal Viewer. The former support designers discuss freely translating locations of widows on a web page that displays design information. The latter support designers retrieve design information from web based archive by simply tracing a tree-shaped diagram that represent a design history.
(5) Investigators proposed an experimental program of architectural design studio that could stimulate design communication and creative design thinking by making use of various utilities of GW-Notebook as design communication base. Observing the experiment made in the junior studio workshop at Kumamoto University, investigators discussed that the proposed program had provided prospective conditions for active design studio.
(6) The investigators have succeeded in developing a stable systems of architectural collaborative design that can be used with internet PCs, and is planning to distribute the developed system to those who intend to apply for their work or design deucation.