Feasibility Study of Wrapper Type Cold Store for Fruit and Vegetable
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Kagoshima University|
TANAKA Shun-ichiro Kagoshima University, Faculty of Agriculture, Professor, 農学部, 教授 (80041664)
SENSHU Takao Hitachi Air Conditioning Systems Co., Ltd., Section for Promoting Environmental Technology, General Manager, 環境技術推進部長
TANAKA Fumihiko Kagoshima University, Faculty of Agriculture, Research Associate, 農学部, 助手 (30284912)
HASHINAGA Fumio Kagoshima University, Faculty of Agriculture, Professor, 農学部, 教授 (70038222)
YAMAMOTO Yasuo Wetmaster Co., Ltd, Chief-Scientist, 社長兼研究室長
新井 亨 株式会社日立空調システム, 嘱託
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2001
Completed(Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥21,320,000 (Direct Cost : ¥20,900,000、Indirect Cost : ¥420,000)
Fiscal Year 2001 : ¥1,820,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,400,000、Indirect Cost : ¥420,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥7,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥10,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,200,000)
|Keywords||Wrapper Type Cold Store / high humidity storage / ventilation / kale / sweet potato / tropical fruit and vegetable / middle / long term storage / neural network control / 低温高湿度 / 青果物 / 温水加熱処理 / 低温貯蔵 / 鮮度保持 / 低温度湿度 / 長・中期貯蔵 / 熱物質移動 / シミュレーション|
This study dwelt on possibility of keeping freshness of agricultural products longer than earlier methods by putting into practical use a Wrapper Type Cold Store (WTCS) System. Results obtained were as follows :
1) A practical 33 m^2 WTCS was designed and constructed, the system has 4 rooms fitted with wrapper rooms. Dynamics of temperature and humidity in wrapper room are superior to conventional storage, the former is ± 1.5 ℃ and ± 5 % RH, the system attained a high precision of temperature and humidity changes.
2) Bitter lemon treated in 30 ℃ hot water for 30 min. and stored in WTCS at 5 ℃ and 90〜95 % RH could reach a shelf life of 21 days compared with 14 days for conventional storage method.
3) Kale under ambient conditions has a shelf life of 2 days, under conventional storage at 1 ℃ has a shelf life of 38 days, but under WTCS at 1 ℃ and 95 % RH could reach a shelf life of 48 days.
4) Sweet potato, heat treated at 50 ℃ for 30 min. and then stored at 14 ℃ ± 0.3 and 85〜90 % RH with 4 min. of air exchange in 24 hours could control sprouting and fungal deceases at one time for 8 months and the next time for 12 months.
5) Mango, banana and neri when dried followed falling rate drying equation, decrease of fruit's surface area during drying was monitored by imaging technique, from the image process technique a possibility of predicting drying constant was envisaged.
6) WTCS hybrid cooler exit quasi-steady and unsteady temperature and humidity could be simulated by artificial neural network at very high precision.
Research Output (7results)