Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
|Research Institution||National Institute of Multimedia Education|
ITOH Hideko National Institute of Multimedia Education, Department of Research & Development Professor, 研究開発部, 教授 (00108052)
NAKAZAWA Jun Chiba University Faculty of Education Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (40127676)
OHNOGI Hiroaki Fukui University Faculty of Education and Regional Studies Professor, 教育地域科学部, 教授 (60141462)
MIYAMOTO Masakazu Gifu University Faculty of Education Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (40105060)
MIYAMOTO Tomohiro National institute of Multimedia Education, Department of Research & Development Research Associate, 研究開発部, 助手 (90280552)
MIO Tadao National institute of Multimedia Education, Department of Research & Development Associate Professor, 研究開発部, 助教授 (20219596)
山田 恒夫 メディア教育開発センター, 研究開発部, 助教授 (70182540)
|Project Fiscal Year
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,200,000)
|Keywords||Self-directed learning / Teaching method / Teaching and learning process / Educational media / Audiovisual instructional material / Improvement of teaching and learning / Psychology education / University education / 主体的学習 / 教授法 / 教授学習過程 / 教育メディア / 映像教材 / 授業改善 / 心理学教育 / 大学教育|
This project aimed at studying instructional methods and materials to support students' self-directed learning in psychology courses.
Major Outcomes :
1. Studies of classroom instruction and evaluation of their effectiveness
(1) Various kinds of teaching methods were applied to support students' self-directed learning. They included the following activities : Teaching developmental psychology through debate method ; Video production on educational problems such as bully, school phobia, learning disability ; Experiencing learning, instruction and evaluation ; Developing test items for school subjects in educational psychology ; Combination of video watching and discussion with constructive encounter group ; Realistic job previews (RJP) in a teacher training course. (2) Survey of classroom instruction revealed active participation by students and teachers in improving psychology education. (3) Self-efficacy as a measure of active participation was investigated in relation to goal s
ettings, evaluation, conception of ability, and academic performance.
2. Survey of audiovisual instructional materials
A survey of audiovisual instructional materials revealed university teachers' usage and needs for effective production of the materials in psychology courses.
3. Studies of instructional materials and evaluation of their effectiveness
(1) A DVD-Video instructional material for international understanding was developed and assessed by students. (2) Teachers' viewing responses to a counseling demonstration video were analyzed and a scale for evaluation of viewing responses was developed. It was also clarified the issues in the design and development of DVD-materials for teacher training in counseling. (3) A database was developed from the psychology textbooks collected.
4. Presentation of research results
Outcomes of the project were presented in part at a workshop at the 63rd Annual Convention of the Japanese Psychological Association, 1999, and a Faculty development program at the National Institute of Multimedia Education, 1999. Discussion revealed perspectives of the research, which eventually became a formative evaluation of the project.
5. Retrospectives and perspectives of the research
A series of projects on "Learning through audiovisual media" carried out at NIME over the past 15 years were reviewed. Outcomes of the projects were discussed from the perspectives of effective production and usage of newer media in higher education. Less