Transient Phenomenon of Chip Generations and movements in hobbing
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
|Research Institution||KYUSHU UNIVERSITY|
ARIURA Yasutsune KYUSHU UNIVERSITY, Faculty of Engineering, Prof., 大学院・工学研究院, 教授 (10038044)
ISHIMARU Ryohei KYUSHU UNIVERSITY, Faculty of Engineering, Research Ass., 大学院・工学研究院, 助手 (10264061)
UMEZAKI Yoji KYUSHU UNIVERSITY, Faculty of Engineering, Research Ass., 大学院・工学研究院, 助手 (70038066)
KUROKAWA Shuhei KYUSHU UNIVERSITY, Faculty of Engineering, Ass. Prof., 大学院・工学研究院, 助教授 (90243899)
NAKANISHI Tsutomu KYUSHU UNIVERSITY, Miyazaki Univ., Faculty of Eng., Prof., 工学部, 教授 (40038055)
ONIKURA Riromichi KYUSHU UNIVERSITY, Faculty of Engineering, Prof., 大学院・工学研究院, 教授 (90108655)
|Project Fiscal Year
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥14,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥14,600,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥5,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥7,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,700,000)
|Keywords||Cutting / Gear / High speed camera / Hobbing / Transient phenomenon of cutting / Mechanism of chip formation / 切削 / 歯車 / 高速度カメラ / ホブ切り / 切削過渡現象 / 切りくず生成機構 / 切りくず / 高速度ビデオカメラ / 画像処理|
This research aims at clarification of mechanisms between hob wear, surface roughness of hobbed tooth and chip generation by observation of transient phenomenon in hobbing. Hobbing and simulation tests, measurement of chip's flight course and observation of separation between cutting edge and chip are performed. Their main results are summarized.
(1) The shape of chip such as curl is changed by the combination of cutting tools and work materials having different heat conductivity. Three types of chip's flight courses are divided roughly owing to shapes of chips.
(2) The interference between new chip and attached chip before one revolution is differed by shapes of chips. The interference of chips of annealed Cr-Mo steel (JIS SCM415) occurs easily.
(3) Chips fly away from work-piece by using cermet tools rather than cemented carbide tools in the case of up milling with plane type flytool.
Hobbing simulation is built up, that simulates cutting condition of hobbing by using single flytool
with identical hob tooth and hobbing machine. The result of transient phenomenon of flytool cutting in simulation tests is shown.
(4) The chip doesn't attach on the rake face of flytool, resulting in flying away in the case of coated rake face.
(5) In the case of none coated rake face of high speed steel flytool and dry cutting, the flytool cuts in work-piece as attached on the rake face with the chip before one revolution, and then the old attached chip is pushed out by new produced chip and flies away.
(6) The chip is interfered strongly at the comer of cutting edge when it is produced by both of the top cutting edge and side one at the same time, and flow out as changing the shape.
(7) The flow direction of chip changes by the cut off point of the cutting edge. In helical gear hobbing, the cases that the chips attach sideways on the rake face are observed many times as the cut off point is at the root of one side cutting edge. This phenomenon is considered that the attached sideways chip is tom off on the tooth surface, resulting in degradation of surface quality. Less
Research Output (7results)