Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
Public health/Health science
|Research Institution||Aomori University of Health and Welfare|
SAGAI Masaru Aomori University of Health and Welfare, Faculty of Health Sciences, 健康科学部, 教授 (80124345)
武田 健 東京理科大学, 薬学部, 教授
宮原 裕一 国立環境研究所, 環境健康部・疫学研究室, 研究員 (80311330)
鈴木 明 国立環境研究所, 地域環境研究グループ, 主任研究員 (20124349)
SUZUKI Akira National Institute for Environmental Studies, Division of Regional Environmental Science
TAKEDA Ken Tokyo Science University, Faculty of Pharmacy
|Project Fiscal Year
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥3,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,100,000)
|Keywords||Diesel Exhaust(DE) / Diesel Exhaust Particles(DEP) / Decrease of Sperm Production Ability / Qualitative Decrease of Sperm / Abnormality of Sexual Hormone / Vaginal Atresia / Reproductive Abnormality / Abortion / ディーゼル排気ガス(DE) / ディーゼル排気微粒子(DEP) / 精子産生能力低下 / 精子の質的劣化 / 生殖ホルモン異常 / 膣閉塞 / 生殖器奇形 / 吸着と流産 / 精子の質的異常 / 生殖器異常 / ディーゼル排気(DE) / ライディツヒ細胞 / セルトリ細胞 / 男性ホルモン / LH受容体mRNA / 黄体刺激ホルモン(LH)の受容体 / LH受容態mRNA|
This project was examined effects on reproductive system of diesel exhaust(DE) and diesel exhaust particles(DEP). Especially, effects on sperm production ability, qualitative changes of sperm and abortion were examined.
(1) We found out that daily sperm production in mouse was decreased by exposure to diesel exhaust(DE). By examination of the mechanism, it was made clear that Lydig cells in testis are damaged by chemicals in DE or diesel exhaust particles(DEP), and the synthesis of testosterone and luteinizing hormone(LH) in testis were inhibited.
(2) Exhalation of diesel exhaust caused not only quantitative decrease of sperm production but also qualitative decrease of sperm. This was confirmed by birth of mice with reproductive abnormality such as vaginal atresia by mating between DE-exposed male mice and non-treated female mice.
(3) To clarify which gaseous and particulate components in diesel exhaust are causative on producing the reproductive abnormality, DEP were injected subcuta
neously to cervical region. Vaginal atresia was induced with high frequency at the low doses such as 0.6mg DEP.
(4) The changes of concentration levels of genital hormone in serum and testis of rats exposed to diesel exhaust were examined. The decreasing tendency in rats as well as in mice, although there was no significant difference. The concentration of testosterone in serum and testis of rats were increased. This evidence was different with the result observed in mouse.
(5) We examined the effects of DEP on pregnant mice. The pregnant mice were injected DEP extract subcutaneously with cervical region at 8, 10 and 12^<th> day after mating. Total doses of injected-DEP were 0.006 mg, 0.06 mg, 6 mg, and 60 mg per a female mouse. Abortion was observed at the doses of 0.006 mg DEP, and the observed rate was 35.7%, as well as higher doses.
(6) From these experiments, it was made clear that DEP can cause several kinds of reproductive abnormality such as the decrease of sperm production ability, the qualitative decrease of sperm and occurrence of abortion.
The reproductive health effects of DEP are very strong. The effects should be examined in more detail. Less