Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Yokohama City University|
KOSAKA Kenji Yokohama City University School of Medicine Assistant Professor, 医学部, 教授 (60023800)
MIURA Megumi Yokohama City University School of Medicine Assistant Professor, 医学部, 助教授 (60157427)
ONISHI Hideki Yokohama City University School of Medicine Lecturer, 医学部, 講師 (30275028)
EIZO Iseki Yokohama City University School of Medicine Assistant Professor, 医学部, 助教授 (30203061)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2001
Completed(Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2001 : ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,300,000)
|Keywords||Dementia with Lewy bodies / diffuse Lewy body disease / Lewy body / dementia / alpha-synuclein / ubiquitin / neurofibrillary tangle / アルファ・シヌクレイン / タウ / 免疫組織化学 / cdk5 / アセチルコリン・ムスカリン受容体 / α-シマクレイン / エビキチン|
We reported the following results forthese four years:
1) Lewy bodies and Lewy neurites are specifically stained with anti-α-synuclein antibody immunostaining.
2) The fibrillary and membrano-vesicular components of these structures are α-synuclein-immunopositive on electron microscopy.
3)Lewy neurites are axon teminals.
4)There are widely spread neurites with α-synuclein-immuno-positive fibrillary components in DLB brains.
5) Both the perforant and non-perforant pathways are damaged in DLB brains, while only the perforant pathway is involved in ATD brains.
6)Much more neurons with both α-synuclein- and tau-immuno-positive structures than expected are distributed in the limbic areas of the DLB brain.
7) Microglias and astroglias are closely involved in the degeneration process of Lewy bodies.
8) Lewy bodies are cyclic-dependent-kinase 5-immunopositive.
9) The nigro-amygdaloid projection system is damaged in DLB.
10)M2 receptors of acetylcholine are decreased in the temporal cortex of the DLB brain, while they are not decreased in the ATD brain.
11)The immunoreactivity of M1 receptors is decreased in both DLB and ATD.
12) Six neuropathological subtypes are classified in DLB: diffuse, limbic, brain stm, cerebral, AD and SDAT types.
13)The disturbance of the memory retrieval process is quantitatively differnt between DLB and ATD patinents.