The pressure-pain threshold of mucosa under dentures
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Tsurumi University|
ABE Minoru Tsurumi University Prosthetic lecturer, 歯学部, 講師 (10089427)
SUZUKI Yasunori Tsurumi University Prosthetic Instructor, 歯学部, 助手 (70257335)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥3,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,400,000)
|Keywords||mucosal pain / pain threshold / pressure-pain threshold meter / 裏装材 / 粘膜の疼痛 / 圧力センサー / 口蓋粘膜|
A lot of patients wearing dentures complain of the pain of mucosa and sore areas can originate from occlusal errors and overfunction, thus it's necessary to diagnose the pain region and determine the pain threshold quantitatively. Determinating the sore threshold of mucossa quantitatively, was important assessment item before and after constructing dentures because the useful informations were obtained in regard to the impression, design and relining of dentures. We devised a new system for measuring the pain threshold of mucosa. The sore threshold of muccosa measured by a pressure sensor, when the sore was happened by loaded the local mucosa. To find a more reliable method of measuring the pain threshold, this study focused on those determinant factors that directly affected it's results and it's range of fluctuation and the possibility of clinical application.
The fluctuation of repeat the measurement and the consecutive days fluctuation were measured in 10 normo-dentulous subjects (5
males and 5 females) and measuring point were made of 2 palatine mucosal region. The fluctuation by region and experimentalist were measured 5 subjects (3 males and 2 females) and measuring point were 10 palatine mucosal region.
The result was as follows :
1. The fluctuation of repeat the measurement and theconsecutive days fluctuation were small and stable except two subjects who had maxillary tours near the center of the hard palate. Thus the pressure dolorimeter is useful in clinically.
2. Some differences in the pain threshold arised fromindividual and region. Thus the pain threshold by region can't be defined the absolute value.
3. The pain threshold in the palate showed that the anterior region is larger than the posterior region and the center region is larger than the lateral region.
4. Although the experimentalist was difference, the fluctuation of the measured values was small, except the center of the palate region and the pain threshold by region showed same distribution.
5. It's seemed most reasonable that the pain threshold selected the average of three measurements.
6. The pressure dolorimeter of mucosa seemed diagnoze not only the local pressure area of dentures but also the cause of pain clearly. Less
Research Products (5results)