Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Kyushu Dental College|
KIMURA Mitsutaka kyushu Dental College, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (70047801)
SOBUE Shizuo Osaka University Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (60029973)
SHIMONO Tsutomu Okayama University Dentistry School, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (40028783)
YAKUSHIJI Hitoshi Tokyo Dental College, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (90085788)
TAKAGI Yuzo Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Fuculty of Dentistry, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (30124697)
MAEDA Takahide Nihon University School of Dentistry, of Matsudo, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Professor, 松戸歯学部, 教授 (70130599)
後藤 讓治 長崎大学, 歯学部, 教授 (80085745)
本川 渉 福岡歯科大学, 歯学部, 教授 (60084290)
荻原 和彦 日本歯科大学, 歯学部, 教授 (50095098)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥3,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,900,000)
|Keywords||Caries risk / Cariostat^<【○!R】> / Mucount^<【○!R】> / Questionnaire survey / CSI / 園児・小学生・中学生 / 齲蝕活動性試験 / 口腔内健診 / CSI(caries serious index) / 1歳から3歳 / クロス集計 / 小児 / ウ蝕予防 / ウ蝕進行抑制 / 保護者教育 / フッ素の応用 / 定期検診 / 口腔清掃指導 / ウ蝕活動性試験|
The subjects of this research were children from 1 to 15 years of age. We distributed the Cariostat^<【○!R】>, Mucount^<【○!R】>, dental examination forms and questionnaires among the department of pediatric dentistry of the 29 dental colleges in Japan in order to master the state of the prevention and progress control of caries, and the parents education from June to October in 1999. We researched the data of dental examination, the caries activity test and the questionnaire survey. Then we conducted the statistic processing on the data and got results as follows.
1. At each college, concerning parent education private guidance was more important than group guidance, the instructions were mainly on oral cleaning and eating between mails. Moreover, the application of the fluoride was carried out actively. The instructions of oral health mainly focused on eating between mails, brushing and tooth brushing using floss.
2. Concerning the handing of uncooperative children, it was found that each college adopted some measures for them and the measures focused on caries prevention.
3. There were a significantly relationship individually regarding Mucount^<【○!R】>, CSI and Cariostat^<【○!R】>, showing that Cariostat^<【○!R】> and Mocount^<【○!R】> can be used for measuring the actual state of the caries activity in the mouth.
4. It was found that the caries risk was affected by the state of eating between mails and the parent's attitude on caries.
5. It was found that there were growing consciousness and knowledge of caries prevention and the importance of periodic examinations among parents and children, but it was insufficient yet.
6. It was noticed that we should pay more attentions on children's caries prevention.