Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
|Research Institution||Tsuda College|
MIURA Nagamitsu Faculty of Liberal Art., Tsuda College, Professor, 学芸学部, 教授 (20045842)
KANO Horomasa Faculty of Liberal Art., Tsuda College, Professor, 学芸学部, 教授 (20214497)
OGURA Mitsuo Faculty of Liberal Art., Tsuda College, Professor, 学芸学部, 教授 (40055322)
ダグラス ラミス 津田塾大学, 学芸学部, 教授 (50138616)
東 寿太郎 津田塾大学, 学芸学部, 教授 (70055292)
百瀬 宏 津田塾大学, 学芸学部, 教授 (00055295)
MISAWA Takehiro Faculty of Liberal Art., Tsuda College, Assistant Professor, 学芸学部, 助教授 (20297112)
SUGISAKI Takamoto Faculty of Liberal Art., Tsuda College, Assistant Professor, 学芸学部, 助教授 (80245993)
OSHIMA Miho Faculty of Liberal Art., Tsuda College, Assistant Professor, 学芸学部, 助教授 (20203771)
|Project Fiscal Year
1998 – 2001
Completed(Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2001 : ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥2,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,800,000)
|Keywords||Environmental problems / Capitalism / International law / International politics / Scandinavia / Middle East / Africa / South America / 環境問題 / 資本主義 / 国際法 / 国際政治学 / 北欧 / 中東 / アフリカ / ラテン・アメリカ / 森林破壊 / 砂漠化 / 都市環境 / EU / 環境政策 / 環境法 / 目的合理性 / 環境倫理 / 砂漠 / 未来倫理|
The purpose of this project is to reexamine the environmental problems from the viewpoints of International Relations, making much of each area's points of view. For the period of four years we have found some points through the examinations of research materials, both at home and abroad, and with the help of other researcher. Our findings are the following :
1) In the field of International Politics and International Law, the existing research frameworks are questioned because of international environmental problems and new approaches towards them. Especially we cannot ignore the shake of nation-state, which is a priori premise of these research fields. (Minami, Oshima)
2) In International Economics we point out the same situation. In this field the theory of development, which is the base of capitalistic economy, is theoretically questioned (Sugizaki)
3) In the field of Social Thoughts we can also points out the emergence of new viewpoints, which question the meanings of rich life and development and which reconstruct new community theory. (Miura, Kitami)
4) But in International Sociology, which has not common strong research frameworks, we have to accumulate each area study, before global theoretical attempts. (Ogura, Kano, Misawa)
5) However each area does not necessarily reflect the above-mentioned points in equal manners. In the developed countries, such as France, Britain, and Scandinavian countries, the activities of Green Parties and Environmental NGOa point out 2) and 3), and Scandinavian countries put into practice 1).
6) On the other hands, in the developing countries, Africa, Middle East, and South America, each environmental problem reflects each social contradiction and each peculiarity of area, and even though various attempts are tried, they cannot solve the problems in an enough way.
Based on these understandings, we published the research reports with the help of Tsuda College. We are going to rewrite the reports and to publish officially.