Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Department of Engineering, Kumamoto University(2000-2001)|
KAWAMURA Yoshihito Department of Engineering, Kumamoto University, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (30250814)
KIMURA Hisamichi Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University, Research Associate, 金属材料研究所, 助手 (00161571)
TAKEUCHI Akira Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University, Research Associate, 金属材料研究所, 助手 (40250815)
INOUE Akihisa Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University, Professor, 金属材料研究所, 教授 (10108566)
MATSUDA Mituhiro Department of Engineering, Kumamoto University, Research Associate, 工学部, 助手 (80332865)
OHNO Yasuhide Department of Engineering, Kumamoto University, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (00274689)
安藤 新二 熊本大学, 工学部, 講師 (40222781)
勝矢 晃弘 日本発条(株), 主任研究員
喜多 和彦 YKK(株), 主任研究員
大槻 真人 三菱マテリアル株式会社, 主任研究員
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥11,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥11,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥8,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,200,000)
|Keywords||aluminum alloy / rapid solidification / gas atomization / consolidation / composite / tensile strength / wear resistance / thermal stability / アルミニウム / ナノ結晶 / 高強度 / 粉末冶金 / 非平衡 / 構造材料 / 機械的性質 / ガスアトマイズ / 押出し成形|
In order to develop novel elevated-temperature Aluminum alloys having a combination of high ambient-temperature strength of 600 Mpa, high elevated-temperature strength of 300 Mpa at 573 K, high heat resistance for 100 hr at 723 K, high workability and high wear resistance, we synthesized and investigated the mechanical properties of many Al-Ti-Cr-X rapidly solidified powder metallurgy alloys and their composites. Accordingly, we have succeeded in synthesizing Al_<92.5>Ti_<2.5>Fe_<2.5>Cr_<2.5> RS P/M alloy that reached our target of this study. The RS P/M alloy exhibited the following mechanical properties.
(1) The alloy exhibited high tensile strength at ambient temperature. The tensile strength was ranging from 600 MPa to 660 MPa and the elongation was 3-4 %.
(2) The alloy exhibited high tensile strength at elevated temperature. The tensile strength was 480 MPa, 320 MPa and 150 MPa at 473K, 573K and 673K, respectively.
(3) The alloy exhibited high thermal stability. The decrease in ambient-temperature strength due to annealing at 723K for 100 hr and 623K for 1000 hr was within 10 %.
(4) The alloy can be hot-worked at high strain-rate with keeping the high ambient-temperature strength of about 550 Mpa. The alloy exhibited a large elongation at high strain-rate of 10^<-1> to 1 s^<-1> at 823 K where the decease in ambient-temperature strength was within 15 % for 5 hr.
(5) The composite with 2.5 vol% SiC particles exhibited improved the Young's modulus and the wear resistance at high temperature of 473 K.
Some companies are trying tests of practical application of the Al_<92.5>Ti_<2.5>Fe_<2.5>Cr_<2.5> RS P/M alloy developed in this study.