Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
Morphological basic dentistry
|Research Institution||Hiroshima University|
TAKATA Takashi Hiroshima University, Faculty of Dentistry, 歯学部, 教授 (10154783)
MATSUDA Naoki Nagasaki University, Isotope Center, Associate Professor, アイソトープセンター, 助教授 (00304973)
WATANABE Masami Nagasaki University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Professor, 薬学部, 教授 (20111768)
二階 宏昌 広島大学, 歯学部, 教授 (60028735)
MIYAUCHI Mutumi Hiroshima University, Faculty of Dentistry, Associate Professor, 歯学部, 助教授 (50169265)
OGAWA Ikuko Hiroshima University, Dental Hospital, Assistant Professor, 歯学部・附属病院, 講師 (70136092)
KUDO Yasusei Hiroshima University, Faculty of Dentistry, Research Assistant, 歯学部, 助手 (50314753)
|Project Fiscal Year
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥12,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥12,600,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥3,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥3,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥5,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,200,000)
|Keywords||Dental Implant / Periodontal ligament / Cell transplantation / Collagen membrane / Growth factors / Hydroxyapatite / 人工歯根 / 歯根膜 / 細胞移植 / 培養細胞 / 再生医工学 / ハイドロキシアパタイト / コラーゲン膜 / 人工材料 / コラーゲン / 培養 / 再生医学 / 組織工学|
To develop a new dental implant system with the support of periodontal ligament (PDL), we studied
(1) modification of biological characteristics of PDL cells in different condition in vitro,
(2) proper vehicles of PDL cells for conjugation to a hydroxyapatite (HA) implant, and
(3) histological structure of peri-implant tissue around PDL cell conjugated HA implants.
The studies showed
(1) PDL cells showed their phenotypic characteristics in vitro and the growth and differentiation were modified with growth factors including FGF, PDGF and EGF and mechanical stress.
(2) For PDL cell conjugation and transplantation with HA implants, membranous collagen was the most suitable vehicle.
(3) At 6 months after the implantation of PDL cell conjugated HA implants, PDL-like connective tissue was formed between the implant and bone, but no true cementum deposition with inserting collagen fibers was observed.
Although, in the present studies, we could not observe true PDL support around implants by PDL cell conjugation, the results give useful information for the further improvement of the vehicle and conjugation methods for PDL cell transplantation with implants.