Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||TOHOKU UNIVERSITY|
OKUDA Reiichi School of Dentistry, Tohoku University, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (80005024)
MOTEGI Katsutoshi School of Dentistry, Tohoku University, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (60013984)
WATANABE Makoto School of Dentistry, Tohoku University, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (80091768)
KAGAYAMA Manabu School of Dentistry, Tohoku University, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (60004610)
IWAMATSU Yoko Dental Hospital, Assistant Professor, 歯学部・附属病院, 助手 (50261524)
SHIMIZU Yoshinobu School of Dentistry, Tohoku University, Associate Professor, 歯学部, 助教授 (20005078)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥10,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥3,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥7,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,400,000)
|Keywords||titanium / periodontal ligament cells / three-dimensional cell culture / artificial dental root / reconstruction of periodontal ligament / periodontal epithelium / epithelio-mesenchymal interaction / newly formed cementum|
1. The three-dimensional cell culture became possible of periodontal ligament cells with microcarrier. The adequate condition of the culture was clarified.
2. Periodontal epithelial cells expressed alkaline phosphatase activity in vitro, not in vivo. It suggests that periodontal epithelial cells transformed in the culture environment.
3. PDL cells controled osteoclastogenesis in vitro by express both ODF and OCIF mRNA.
4. Decreasing of collagen αI(1) mRNA level and DNA methylation in the collagen αI(1) gene promotor region related to age-dependent degenerative alteration in periodontal tissue.
5. Human periodontal ligament cells expressed CD14 mRNA and membrane CD14 at low level as compared with human gingival fibroblasts, and exhibited an only low response to LPS.
6. It was suggested that periodontal epithelium (PE) had a role of the differentiation of cementoblasts during the acellular cementum formation. On the other hand, the PE in cellular cementum region was took part in the intermedi
ate cementum and indicted the positive reaction of TUNEL.
7. From the observation of healing process of the fenestration defect through the bone extended into the root surface, it was suggested that periodontal ligament could regenerate only from the original healthy periodontal ligament and the regeneration process of cementum was similar to the remodeling of bone.
8. The cementum- and periodontal ligament-like tissue was observed on the titanium implants embedded in the cementum and periodontal ligament. On the other hand, bone was observed on the implants embedded in the alveolar bone.
9. It was suggested that the cell-seeding of PDL cells into the intradentinal cavities enhanced the isolated cementum formation. The BrdU marked PDL cells were detected only in the seeded cavities by immunohistochemical method.
10. The periodontal ligament-like tissue with newly formed cementum-like tissue was observed on the titanium embedded into the intradentinal cavities with cultured periodontal ligament cells in dogs.
11. It is suggested that periodontal mechanosensitive neurons which were sensitive to the incisor and molar teeth project topographically to the different areas of the primary and secondary somatosensory cortex. Less