Rural Women's Independence and Rural Network
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Yamagata University(2000-2001)|
NAGANO Yukiko Yamagata University, Faculty of Literature & Social Science, Associate Professor, 人文学部, 助教授 (30237549)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2001
Completed(Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2001 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,300,000)
|Keywords||IE / Patriarchalism / Rural Women / Rural Family / Rural Sociology / Modern / Japan / Yamagata Prefecture / 小農 / 家族農業経営 / フィールドワーク / 庄内地方 / 家 / 村 / 専業農家 / 小経営 / 「いえ」 / ムラ / 「個」 / 自立化 / 家産 / いえ / むら / 農村 / 家族内役割分担 / 農業危機|
The following is the result of this research project based on fieldwork in Shonai region, Ymagata Prefecture in Japan. There is a revolution in the structure of women's role and position in farm family as a result of farm mechanization and " the policy for reducing paddy field".
The sides of changing :
1. The labour of successor's wife is set high valued as a result of her nonagricultural jobs' wages.
2. Each allotment of work in charge of each family member is responsiblity to him both agriculture work and household work. He can make decisions of his own will.
3. Not patriarch but housewife can manage the cost of living differentiated from the cost of agriculture management.
The sides of nochanging :
1. Members of stem family have ever been engaged in the division of work in farm household.
A main family budget have ever been in farm household economy.
2. We can define today's Japanese farm household as " IE" (traditional type of Japanese family farm) even now.
Research Products (11results)