|Budget Amount *help
¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥400,000)
The purpose of this study is to follow up the three years in which a 'Sogo Gakka' senior high school has been established. The school, Yachiyo high school, is founded in 1998 as the first 'Sogo Gakka' in the Ibaraki prefecture.
In this study, the following points are investigated by collecting the documents of the school and by interviewing the parties concerned. In addition, three times surveys to the students of the school and a survey to the students of junior high school nearby are administrated.
1. How is the process of institutionalization of the 'Sogo Gakka' system?
2. What are the changes of new students in three years?
3. In their three-year school lives, how do the first entering students change?
4. How do the junior high school students evaluate the 'Sogo Gakka' system?
The results of this study are summarized as follows :
1. The 'Sogo Gakka' system has been established by overcoming the problems of the preceding course system of the school. Then, the process of its institutionalization seems to be weakening the frame of schools.
2. The most remarkable change of new students is that the rate of active students has increased in these three years.
3. In their school lives, the first entering students show the tendency to differentiate into two groups, one is who accept the elective system of 'Sogo Gakka' and the other is not. However, many of them tried to acquire many certifications by using the elective system and were gradually satisfied with their entrance to the school.
4. Many of the junior high school students estimate the 'Sogo Gakka' in terms of its elective system and the capability to make students' carrier development.