Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||UNIVERSITY OF TSUKUBA(2000)|
The University of Electro-Communications(1998-1999)
KOBAYASHI Shinichi UNIV.OF TSUKUBA, RESEARCH CENTER FOR UNIVERSITY STUDIES, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 社会工学系, 助教授 (90186742)
KATO Takeshi UNIV.OF TSUKUBA, RESEARCH CENTER FOR UNIVERSITY STUDIES, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, 社会工学系, 講師 (10233800)
YONEZAWA Akiyoshi HIROSHIMA UNIV., RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR HIGHER EDUCATION, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 高等教育研究開発センター, 助教授 (70251428)
SHIRABE Masashi SHINSHU UNIV., FACULTY OF ARTS, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 人文学部, 助教授 (00273061)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,800,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
|Keywords||Theory of Research Mode Distinction / Higher Education / Science and Technology / University-Industry Collaboration / Spin-off / Post-Doctoral Fellowship / National Innovation System|
1. Theoretical Study of Mode Distinction of Knowledge Production
(1) To investigate and to reorganize relationship between the Mode distinction theory and preceding arguments.
(2) To investigate the organization of research activities in the university.
(3) To investigate and to reorganize relationship with Evolutionary Economics, National Innovation System, and University-Industry Collaboration.
(4) To investigate a new stage of relevant arguments through information exchange with foreign researchers.
2. Case Studies
Following case studies were conducted.
(1) Highly fluid researchers such as post-doctoral fellow, etc.
(2) New settings of research organizations appeared in university-industry relationship, including local system of university-industry collaboration.
(3) Emerging forms of university education focusing on links with society, such as certificate.
3. Investigation of Global Trends
(1) Investigation of arguments in OECD-CSTP was conducted, as well as information exchange with OECD officers was done.
(2) Discussion about development in mode distinction theory with foreign researchers has been continued.
(3) International trends of spin-off firms were investigated.
The project concludes : The transition of knowledge production system affects the university in the knowledge society. Its influence ranges from education and research in the university to organization of the university. For example, we can find the changes in research activities, changes derived from university-industry linkage, shifts of education curriculum to modules, transformation of certification, and structural changes brought by those changes. Such phenomena are seen as re-articulation of university and society.