The Research with Comparative method to The establishment and Growth about the Educational System inner area of the Castle in the EDO era -chiefly in the MAEDAs' of KAGA clan-
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C).
|Research Institution||Nagoya University|
TAKAGI Yasufumi Nagoya University, Professor, 教育発達科学研究科, 教授 (30097729)
|Project Fiscal Year
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥200,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,300,000)
|Keywords||education in castle / NAKA-OKU AND OMOTE / Kinju-yaku / the MAEDAs (KAGA) / modernization / restriction in castle / KOUSYAKU / KAIDOKU / 城中教育 / 中奥と表 / 近習役 / 前田家(加賀) / 近代化 / 城中規則 / 講釈 / 会読 / 奥と表 / 大名好学 / 近習の教養 / 大名の教育 / 城中規式|
In this research, we tried to make clear the educational systems in several castles of the MAEDAs' ; Daimio in KAGA, TOYAMA and DAISYOJI Han, by comparison with other Daimios' and the growth of modern elements of education. We therefore investigated actual condition with many materials as (1) Daimio's daily life, (2) government affairs and ceremonies, (3) many kinds of restriction against vassals, and (4) any chances that they study voluntarily etc.
And the results we obtained are as follows ;
1. The castles of the MAEDAs' usually consists of three spaces : Oku, Nakaoku and Omote too, and have many rules or restrictions against vassals.
2. Under these restrictive situations many kinds of educations for Daimio and his children were begun and continued.
3. Their closest vassals : Kinjuyaku and Kosyoyaku were necessary for enough culture of Confucianism because of learning together.
4. Vassals began to learn in their private opportunities, Taku-kaidoku and Otugi-keiko, and gradually went to Clan school with Daimio's permission.
5. Lecture or learning in the castle was not only found in Ninomaru area including Oku and Nakaoku, but in other palaces for daily life of Daimio's children.
Therefore we had rather pay more attention to cultural situations and surroundings for leaning than personal enthusiasm of Daimios'. This research will be continued to make clear the educational system and traditinonal way in Edo, with increasing several examples.
Research Output (4results)