Cylindricity Measurement System by Optical V-block Method
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Nagaoka National College of Technology|
YAMADA Ryuichi Nagaoka National College of Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Associate Professor, 機械工学科, 助教授 (40110142)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
|Keywords||Optical measurement / Laser beam / Cylindricity / Roundness / Three-point measurement / V-block method / In-process measurement / Vブロック方式|
The roundness measurement system by optical V-block method was developed. This system applies a detection technique of the transmitted laser beam power and can be used as in-process measurement system. In addition, the feasibility of cylindricity measurement system was clarified. The outline is described in the following.
1. The roundness measurement system
(1) Roundness measurement by mechanical V-block method was improved into perfectly noncontact measurement on the measured cross section by optical V-block method. By this improvement, the roundness measurement in the cross section except for support cross section became possible.
(2) On tangent style displacement sensor for optical V-block method, the theory for simulating the geometric error in the roundness measurement was shown. As a result, the measurement error was 2% or less.
(3) In comparison with measurement result by developed system and one by optical roundness measuring instrument of marketing, the difference of roundness was within 0.5 μm.
(4) The developed system requires short measuring time of 15 seconds and mounting/dismounting of measured cylinder is also easy. Therefore it is possible to take the developed system into the automated manufacturing line.
(5) Measurement and compensation of the rotation error are possible for the developed system. Though rotation error of the developed system was large, roundness measurement was achieved with high accuracy by compensation.
2. Cylindricity measurement system
(1) The theoretical formula for expanding the optical V-block method for the cylindricity measurement was shown.
(2) By parallel movement of the optical V-block along axial direction of measured cylinder, the roundness measurement in multiple cross sections became possible.
(3) By knowing the positional relation of multiple cross-sectional shape measured, the cylindricity measurement became possible.
Research Products (9results)