Construction of lubrication diagnostic system supported by ultrasonic technique
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Kochi University of Technology|
TAKEUCHI Akitoshi Kochi University of Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (30206940)
|Project Fiscal Year
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥400,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥200,000)
|Keywords||Tribology / Ultrasonic technique / Acoustic emission / Lubrication diagnosis / Mixed lubrication / Solid contact area / Contact condition / キャビテーション / 荷重分担比 / 気泡 / 摩耗粉 / 電気抵抗法 / AE法|
The construction of the new lubrication diagnostic system which combined ultrasonic technique, friction and A.E.was tried in order to enable the diagnosis of lubricated condition from the region initial stage of mixed lubrication to boundary lubrication.
For the lubrication evaluation, the areal index which depended on pulse amplitude of ultrasonic wave reflected from sliding surface was used. Then, following fact clarified from the estimation of the contact condition based on the change of areal index.
1) By the consideration of areal index for center frequency of the 1 wavelength without waveform distortion and of the stiffness of contacting surface, the base of convenient area measuring method which could estimate solid contact area ratio regardless of roughness and topography of the surface was able to be established.
2) From the difference between local field areal index measured by the point focus type probe which could limit the incidence area of the ultrasonic wave to the part of contact surface, the friction in local part on the sliding surface was known, and the drawing of the friction distribution diagram became possible.
3) From the measurement of the reflectivity of the transversal wave which does not propagate through the oil, the possibility of quantitatively estimation of load sharing ratio under the mixed lubrication was clarified.
4) On the basis of the correlation between areal index and friction, transfer of the abrasion powder and formation condition of the oxide film on the sliding surface would be able to be estimated.
5) By UT-AE lubrication diagnostic technique which combined ultrasonic method with the AE method, the in situ measurement of the quality of contact condition of friction surface became possible. Then, the risk evaluation of the lubricating surface by the comparison with measured friction was possible.
Research Output (8results)