Development of automatic biosubstance recognition system
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||IWATE UNIVERSITY|
SEKI Kyoshiro lwate University, Department of engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (60003860)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
|Keywords||biosubstance / enzyme reaction / thin film / vacuum deposition method / metal multilayer / sputtering method / clinical chemistry / environment analysis / 高温アニーリング / 臨床化学分析|
In this research we developed automatic biosubstance recognition system using the temperature dependency of electric resistance or magnetization of a composite metal oxide thin film which consisted of transition metals such as Fe, Mn, Zn, Ni and etc. The results of this research are shown as following:
1) The Fe-Mn-Ni composite metal oxide thin film as a semiconductor thin film was fabricated using the vacuum deposition method, and the temperature coefficient of its electric resistance is equal to the thermistor.
2) The Fe-Mn-Zn composite metal oxide thin film (ferri magnetic thin film) was fabricated using sputtering method, and it was confirmed that the magnetization had marked temperature dependency.
3) Electrical and magnetic characteristics of that thin films have the sensitivity which can sufficiently detect small enthalpy change with the catalysis of the enzyme.
4) The construction of the automatic biosubstance recognition system utilizing the prepared thin films and the automatic b
iosubstance operation unit purchased for GRANT-IN-AID, and annexperiment on the fixed quantity in concentration of biosubstance samples (D-glucose, urea, etc.) due to enzymes (urease, glucose oxidase, etc.) were carried out. The results showed that peak value of output pulse voltage was proportional lineally to the concentration of each biosubstance. Especially, the high resolution as 1 .67 x 10ィイD1-4ィエD1 mol/l on the urea-urease enzyme reaction was obtained. The output voltage indicated similar waveshape to various concentration in the same sample, however different response was appeared in the rising time and the waveshape of various samples. Therefore, the recognition of the biosubstance in the mixed solution is possible by the shape of the output waveform.
5) The recognition system with the Fe-Mn-Zn composite metal oxide thin film as a sensor is based on new principle, namely the pyro magnetic effect. In the system, both a sensing element and a measuring part is combined magnetically, so that handling of instrument can be remarkably improved as compared with conventional system . Less
Research Products (5results)