Regulation of the helper T cell function by a novel CD43 isoform
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Saga Medical School|
KIMOTO Masao Department of Immunology, Saga Medical School, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (40153225)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
|Keywords||CD43 / isoform / T cell / helper function / antibody production / 発現調節 / C2GnT|
1. Regulation of antibody production by CD43 130 kDa isoform expression
Analysis of helper T cell function for antibody production regulated by CD43 130 kDa isoform.
We found that CD43 130 kDa isoform negative but not positive T cells exert helper functions for antibody production.
(2) Regulation of cytokine production from T cells by CD43 130 kDa isoform
We could not find the relationship between CD43 130 kDa isoform expression on T cell clones and cytokine (IL-2 and IL-4) release from T cell clones. This suggests that the expression of this isoform does not correlate with the Th1/Th2 subset lineages.
2. Regulatory mechanism of CD43 130 kDa isoform expression
(1) Regulatory factors of CD43 130 kDa isoform expression in the establishment of T cell lines
We could not determine the factor(s) in the culture condition such as the antigen dose, stimulatory cell numbers and that regulates the CD43 130 kDa isoform expression on T cells.
(2) Analysis of the migration and the function of CD43 130 kDa isoform positive T cells in vivo
We found that CD43 130 kDa isoform positive T cells increase from almost zero percent to several percent in the draining lymph nodes one week after immunization and disappear thereafter. The multiple immunization protocol showed similar results. CD43 130 kDa isoform positive and negative T cell clones showed similar migration patterns to the spleen when injected intravenously.
(3) Analysis of the enzyme that regulates the CD43 130 kDa isoform expression
CD43 130 kDa isoform negative T cell clones do not express core 2 N-glucosaminyl transferase (C2GnT) mRNA as analyzed by RT-PCR, suggesting that the isoform expression is regulated by C2GnT.
Research Output (32results)