Establishment of a new non-invasive diagnositic method for the breast cancer by measuring in vivo estrogen receptor concentration.
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C).
|Research Institution||KYUSHU UNIVERSITY|
SASAKI Masayuki Kyushu University Hospital, Department of Radiology, Assistant, 医学部・附属病院, 助手 (40240907)
中川 誠 九州大学, 医学部・附属病院, 医員
藤原 雅人 九州大学, 医学部, 助手 (30304794)
吉田 毅 九州大学, 医学部, 助手 (40284509)
KUWABARA Yasuo Kyushu Univ Hosp, Radilogy, Associate Professor, 医学部・附属病院, 助教授 (30150436)
古賀 博文 九州大学, 医学部・附属病院, 医員
HAYASHI Kazutaka Kyushu Univ Hosp, Radilogy, Assistant, 医学部・附属病院, 助手 (00325458)
KOGA Hirofumi Kyushu Univ Hosp, Radilogy, Medical staff
NAKAGAWA Makoto Kyushu Univ Hosp, Radilogy, Medical staff
|Project Fiscal Year
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,700,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,400,000)
|Keywords||^<18>F-estradiol / estrogen receptor / positron emission tomographt (PET) / breast cancer / diagnosis / therapeutic effect / F-18エストラジオール / エストロゲン受容体 / ポジトロンCT(PET) / 乳癌 / 腫瘍診断 / 治療効果判定|
(1) The aim of this study is to establish a new diagnostic method to measure the in vivo estrogen receptor (ER) concentration non-invasively.
(2) We synthesize 16α-[^<18>F]-fluoro-17β-estradiol (FES) by reacting 16-epiestriol with ^<18>F.Radiochemical purity of FES was 98.2±0.95% and its specific activity was 36.5±1.25GBq/μ mol. The FES solution for intravenous injection was prepared by dissolving the dried FES in 3.2% Tween, 5% ethanol or 5% human serum albumin in saline solution.
(3) We examined the tissue distribution and kinetics of FES in immature female Sprague-Dawley rats. The FES uptake by uterus, an ER-rich tissue, was highly selective and it was 3.29-5.40 %ID/9 at maximum within 60 minutes after administration. Coadministration of unlabeled β-estradiol showed marked depression of uterine FES uptake. The FES uptake by muscle, ER-negative tissue, was less than 0.88 %ID/g.
(4) The whole body radiation dose were 5.97x10^<-6>〜6.08x10^<-6> Gy/MBq.
(5) No side effect was observed durjng 30 days after administration.
(6) We also examined the FES uptake in rat breast tumors induced by 7,12-dimethylbenz (a) anthracene (DMBA) in SD rats. The FES uptake by rat breast tumor was 0.14±0.06 %ID/g at 60 minutes after administration. The FES uptake by rat breast tumor s correlated with the ER concentration measured by in vitro receptor assay (r=0.45, P<0.05).
(7) These results indicate that the FES uptake by tissue is mainly ER mediated and FES is thus considered to be useful for the non-invasive measurement of ER concentration in vivo by positron emission tomography.
Research Output (3results)