Molecular mechanisms of circadian rhythm system and sleep disorders
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Saitama Medical School |
IKEDA Masaaki Saitama Medical School, Assistant Prof., 医学部, 講師 (80232198)
HONMA Sato Hokkaido Univ.Medical School, Associate Prof, 医学部, 助教授 (20142713)
ORIMO Akira Saitama Medical School, Assistant Prof., 医学部, 講師 (70275866)
YOSHIMURA Kazunori Saitama Medical School, Assistant Prof., 医学部, 助手 (20158497)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2000
Completed (Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 1998: ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,400,000)
|Keywords||circadian rhythm / BMAL1 / clock gene / suprachiasmatic nuclei / sleep disorder / BMAL2 / gene analysis / transcription factor / サーカディアンリズム / ヒトゲノム / 細胞内局在 / 睡眠覚醒・リズム障害 / ノックアウト / ヌプライスバリアント|
1) We have cloned a BAC clone for human BMAL1 gene and determined its sequence. It revealed that human BMAL1 coding region consists from 17 exons and several BMAL1 variants are products from splicing variants.
2) We have cloned a BAC clone for mouse BMAL1. Its coding region splits over 30kb.
3) Mouse BMAL1 promoter region was sequenced. We identified the promoter/enhancer region of BMAL1.
4) The transcription start sites for BMAL1 have been identified.
5) Polymorphism of BMAL1 gene from sleep disorders were searched. No polymorphism were identified in the BMAL1 coding region.
6) Two-hybrid system to test the interaction of clock gene products have been established.
7) Luciferase assay system to test the ability to activate mPer1 promoter have been established.
8) Fusion proteins of clock gene have been prepared for examining the interaction of clock gene products.
9) A nobel bHLH-PAS factor have been cloned and designated BMAL2.
10) The expression, chromosomal localization and cellular localization of BMAL2 were examined.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (28 results)