Experimental research of three dimensional distraction osteogenesis of maxilla
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Iwate medical university|
KOBAYASI Seiichiro Iwate medical university, school of medicine, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (00295966)
HONDA Takayuki Iwate medical university, school of medicine, Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (30275549)
鈴木 偉彦 岩手医科大学, 医学部, 講師 (40171243)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,400,000)
|Keywords||distraction osteogenesis / distraction device / Le Fort II / rabbit / measurement / three dimensions / histopathology / maxilla bone / Le FortII / LeForetII|
The model of the distraction osteogenesis of maxilla which used the rabbit was made. Experimented on three dimensional distraction osteogenesis of maxilla, and examined.
Method : The model of the distraction osteogenesis of maxilla was made by designing Le Fort II type osteotomy which used the rabbit. The surgery was performed rabbit to anesthetize the whole body by the Nembutal intravenous administration, to add the skin incision by which the bilateral zygomatic region was connected through the nasal root, to expose the zygomatic arch and the frontonasal suture uuder periosteum via the nasal root, to do the Le Fort II type osteotomy in the frontonasal suture from the bilateral zygomatic bone and the distraction device set to three places of bilateral zygomatic bone -maxilla and frontal bone- nasal bone.
The each distraction device was extended for 20 days in postoperative time with 0.125-0.25mm/day and the distraction osteogenesis was done. The distraction osteogenesis made the group wh
ich was the change of the extension speed with the group and the distraction device which equally did the extension speed of all the distraction device.
The Nembutal overdosage is done after the distraction osteogenesis ends, rabbit is made to be euthanatized, and the skull is sampled. The osseous tissue in the distraction osteogenesis was analyzed in the histopathology, and the entire skull was measured and was analyzed assumption as dry skull.
Result : 1. The design of LeFort II type osteotomy which used the rabbit was examined and the model of the distraction osteogenesis of maxilla was decided.
2. It was skilled of the operation by the maintenance of the image analysis system 2 dimensions and to analyze three dimensions.
3. The distraction device designed the one to have a wedge fixed area, went by a loose fixing method only of driving before and behind the osteotomy section. The one with an insufficient fixation and distraction osteogenesis was seen by the amount of the distraction and the distraction osteogenesis part though the bone
4. As for the distraction device, the distraction osteogenesis of 78-90% of the amount of the distraction on the distraction device was obtained in fontal bone-nasal bone as enough fixation was obtained and the strength was enough that the bone was distraction.
5. The problem might be caused in fixation according to the case, and as for the distraction device, strength was insufficient and the distraction osteogenesis was obtained only by 20-40% of the amount of the distraction on the distraction device in both sides zygomatic bone-maxilla according to the case while the bone was distraction.
6. When the distraction part and the fixing method had been examined, the distraction osteogenesis of 70-80% of the amount of the distraction on the distraction device was obtained and an enough distraction was obtained even in bilaterl zygomatic bone-maxilla.
A detailed examination of the data and the pathology retrieval are scheduled to be done for the future. Less
Research Output (2results)