Possibility which telomerase activity, MMP and cell adhesion molecule become the index for malignant tumour cell metastasis
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Kanagawa Dental College|
SASAKURA Yuuichi School of dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Kanagawa Dental College Assistant Professor, 歯学部, 講師 (80121002)
MATSUZAWA Syuji School of Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Kanagawa Dental College Assistant Professor, 歯学部, 助手 (70229459)
LEE Usyaku School of Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Kanagawa Dental College Assistant Professor, 歯学部, 助手 (90288085)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,300,000)
|Keywords||Telomerase / MMP-2 / MMP-9 / Cell adhesion molecule / Metastasis / Malignant tumour / MMP / テロメア長 / telomerase|
1) Formation of metastasis due to in vivo passage of tumour cells, and induction from LIM (low incidence of metastasis) to HIM (high incidence of metastasis)
First generation NR-S1 as LIM cells which were given front Dr. Andoh was inoculated into subcutaneous of C3H/He back. LIM cells spent a much time to make up a lymphatic metastasis for 75 days of mean, its nest indicated 7 x 8 mm in diameter. Metastasis was succeeded in 40% (2/5). Life span was 144 days after inoculation in metastasized lymph node of mice. After 12 generation, the term to metastasize for lymph node was reduced significantly compared with the first generation (40 days) The rate of metastasis indicated 100% in the 12th generation. Life span was also reduced in 13th generation compared with LIM cells, it was 64 days. Metastatic lesion had been isolated from inoculated area as primary. Metastasis was revealed in lymph nodes of the armpit or inguinal, but not lung and liver.
2) Cell adhesion molecule on the cells of LIM or HIM
(1) CD44 : Mean channel of fluorescent intensity indicated 47.3 in LIM, 132 in 15th and 84.7 in 20th generation.
(2) LFA-1 : Mean channel of fluorescent intensity indicated 24.2 in LIM cells 73.4 in 15th and 73.3 in 20th generation.
3) Activities of MMP-2 and MMP-9 in LIM and HIM cells
(1) LIM cells : MMP was little detected, but not MMP-9 detected 494 ng/ml.
(2) HIM cells : MMP-2 and MMP-9 were detected 3.47 ng/ml and 11.50 ng/ml, respectively.
4) Telomere length of LIM and HIM cells
Although they showed over 20 Kbp in the both cell lines. HIM cells included shorter telomere than LIM cells.
5) Telomerase activity of LIM and HIM
Although the both cell lines demonstrated the activity, not showed difference between the both cell lines.
Research Output (8results)