Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||SAITAMA PREFECTURAL UNIVERSITY(1999-2000)|
SASAKI Akiko SAITAMA PREFECTURAL UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 保健医療福祉学部, 助教授 (20167430)
TAKASAKI Kinuko TOKYO MEDICLA AND DENNTAL UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, PROFESSOR, 医学部, 教授 (50100607)
ASAKAWA Noriko SAITAMA PREFECTURAL UNIVERSITY, JUNIOR COLLEAGE, INSTRUCTOR, 短期大学部, 講師 (00310251)
YAMADA Kouko SAITAMA PREFECTURAL UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES, PROFESSOR, 保健医療福祉学部, 教授 (00261678)
NAKAZAKI Keiko SAITAMA PREFECTURAL UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES, PROFESSOR, 保健医療福祉学部, 教授 (50264825)
OHSIMA Yosihiko YAMAGATA PREFECTURAL HEALTH AND MEDICAL COLLEGE, DEPARTMENT OF OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY, PROFESSOR, 教授 (30018832)
桂 晶子 山形大学, 医学部, 助手 (00272063)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,700,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
|Keywords||family carers / impaired elderly people / positive consciousness of caregiving / protection of breakdown of caregiving / management of caregiving / positive experience of caregiving / burden of caregiving / intention of caregiving / 在宅療養高齢者家族 / 介護継続意志 / 介護継続意識|
It is important to grasp positive and negative aspect of caregiving in order to support family carers to protect of break down of caregiving. In this study, we developed of the assessment index of positive consciousness ＆ experience of caregiving and grasped them and compared with foreign countries.
2. Method and Results
1) Analysis articles and grasp the caregiving situation : We analyzed articles and grasped the caregiving situation by interview to the family caregivers. We got the results that positive consciousness ＆ experience of caregiving were consisted of 'to get the caring knowledge and skill', 'to reconstruction of family relation', 'to grow strong of family function, ' to promote the esteem in role of themselves', 'to construct of informal support', etc.
2) Analysis the assessment index of positive consciousness ＆ experience of caregiving (1998-1999) : We investigated 65 caregivers about the positive consciousness ＆ experience of caregiving. We got the results that fam
ily carers felt high percentage of 'to get the caring knowledge and skill', 'to support the elderly', ' to get the gratitude from the family', 'to grow up themselves, " to grow strong of family relation'.
3) Analysis the relation of positive consciousness ＆ experience of caregiving and situation of elderly and family caregivers (1998-1999) : We investigated 102 caregivers about the positive consciousness ＆ experience of caregiving. We found the correlation of positive consciousness ＆ experience of caregiving and caregiving hours and management of caregiving, and found that positive consciousness was high in good family relationship.
4) Comparison of Sweden ＆ UK(1999-2000) : We compared the data of CAST with Sweden ＆ UK's data We found that the item of' to the cared for-person' was high percentage in three countries and that of 'to the carers' was high percentage in Japan compared with other countries and 'to interpersonal dynamics' was very similar to two other countries.
4. Conclusion As in Sweden ＆ UK, positive consciousness ＆ experience of caregiving were consisted of 'satisfaction', 'to get the caring knowledge', 'to grow up themselves, ' 'to grow strong of family relation'. It is important to support the family carers to promote the positive consciousness of caregiving. Less